The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Chordpulse
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 1:12 pm    

I've had BIAB for 25+ years,,,in fact I was one who asked b0b to have a BIAB catagory,,,however,,,a few months ago I downloaded chordpulse as a cheap,,and quick way of plugging in a few chords to practice a short riff or phrase,,,,then started using it more and more. Now it is definitely my go to back up band. Very user friendly,,,very shallow learning curve,,,does everything I need,,,cheaper and easier. JMHO. YMMV

chordpulse.com

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 8:17 am    

Sonny,

Could you elaborate more on chordpulse?

I just use BIAB to chord out songs as a backing for singing. I only do it for myself so it is not out in public. I was just ready to order a 160$ upgrade to get all 2700 BIAB styles because I can only rarely find a backing track that is similar to the one the artist used. What I usually wind up with is a track that causes the whole song to change in feel and phrasing from the original. I probably know only a little more than the Ric Campbell CD so I don't use BIAB to the fullest. Since Chordpulse has only 175 styles would I be better to stick to BIAB and just spend more time learning the advance stuff for BIAB or go for Chordpulse. The music I sing is country, and a little folk and Bluegrass
Thanks Bill

Dennis Brion

Atwater, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 3:18 pm    

I just got chordepulse also, works very well, little tricky to learn till you get the hang of it. But very easy to put any song together, you can pick any chord plus any add(minor,7th,6th, anything concievable!) After you play with it a while it all comes into focus, great tool!

Dennis Brion

Atwater, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 3:20 pm    

Also it was $30.....big winner!

Larry Carlson

My Computer
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 4:26 pm    

I got ChordPulse about a month ago and I really like it.
It easy to use and has quite a variety of selections.
It's also much better than playing with myself....uh......by myself......all alone......just me and my guitar..... Embarassed
Sometimes it doesn't.
But I keep on trying.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 6:59 am    

Does it do 4/4 shuffle?

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2019 8:31 am    

Ron Hogan wrote:
Does it do 4/4 shuffle?

I have the same question. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. If it's as good as people claim here, I hope someone will contact the developer and ask them to program a nice 4/4 Ray Price and Jimmy Dickens shuffle.

I'm going to check it out as soon as I get a chance. Thanks to Sonny for letting us know about this.

RC

Dennis Brion

Atwater, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2019 1:57 pm    

It has 4-5 shuffles in different categories, I will check closer tonight when I get a chance to pick a little.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2019 10:20 am    

Hello Everyone,

Although I've lurked the forum for a long time, this is my first post. I have both the Rick Campbell Band-in-a-Box Made Easy DVD and the Ray Price midi styles. If you are a new Band-in-a-Box user, both items are worth the investment.

The Rick Campbell Band-in-a-Box Made Easy DVD video series provides a clear and understandable path new users can follow to develop a song project using BiaB.

The Ray Price midi Band-in-a-Box styles are six styles that feature walking bass and four on the floor drums.

ChordPulse shuffle styles under the country category include: Bluegrass Shuffle, Country Shuffle, Dream Shuffle, Dream Shuffle Waltz, Fast Shuffle, Hi Shuffle and Quick Shuffle.

The ChordPulse style category headings are: All, Pop, Rock, Jazz + Blues, Synth, Country, World, Extra and Training.

The program includes more than 200 styles.

Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2019 7:21 am    

After a bit of thought and a conversation with PGMusic I went with BIAB and also upgraded to the MEGAPak. The reason was that what I really wanted was the large choice of styles even if it was a more complicated program. I wound up with a total of 3000 styles instead of 200 in Chordpulse. Granted I am not going to use classical and jazz styles but I got a lot more of country and folk styles. I did have a couple of problems which took time to resolve. In two instances BIAB changed settings that I knew nothing about. The third problem which was due to me not knowing the new upgrade. There is a major change in the STYLE PIcker window and how it operates. It took over a week to solve. It was actually solved by the previous poster Jim Fogle. Thanks again Jim

Bill