The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Evans SE-200 Black $350 plus ride & fee SOLD
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2019 2:14 pm    

My new Evans is on it's way. Price lowered on this SE200 to $350 plus shipping and fees. This is a real bargain. Great sounding hand built amp.

this amp is 43 pounds 5 ounces before shipping weight.
It measures 21.5" wide, 21" tall, and 10" deep. S. N. is 0343-1. I do not see a label on the 15" speaker, looks like the original speaker. Amp is in very nice shape, a cover is included. A patch cord is plugged into the in/out effects. I discovered that the cord or an effects of any kind must be plugged in, in order to have volume. It works fine that way. The jacks and jack inputs need a cleaning periodically for good electrical connection. I have used it in church this past year without a problem.
Where else are you going to find a hand built amp this good at this price?? Virtually any sound can be dialed in.

I will accept paypal + fee or you can send a check. PM or email me if interested.

Last edited by Dick Chapple Sr on 17 Jul 2019 6:39 am; edited 7 times in total

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2019 6:13 pm     Evans

And of course if you are close by, come pick it up and save on shipping. Smile Smile Smile

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2019 6:39 am     Evans amp

TTT

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2019 7:56 pm     amp

TTT

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2019 10:05 am     amp

TTT

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 4:39 am    

Hi Dick.

Does the cat go with it?

The Oahu twin is doing fine. Magnets were weak on the outside neck, but my friend Rick Aielo sent me two new sets of NiBro mags for it and it really sings now.

Send me a PM anytime you have stuff to downsize and if I need it, I'll pop down and see you.

Give me a shout when you're up this way.

John

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 4:58 am     Se200

Hey Hi John:
My old buddy Alexander. He has to approve of my buying and selling, he doesn't like changes. He is a home body, doesn't even like to leave the yard, he does like to meet our steel buds though.
I'll will sure do that and work up a list. Very happy to hear the twin is fine too.
I got to try out that little green touring amp of Scot Buffington's from Evans. He spent several hours helping me set it to the exact sound I like to hear and it works perfectly for pedal steel as well as lap steel. I only need to change the volume from one size room to another and it is a 26 pound powerhouse. No need for a bunch of other stuff to daisy chain. So if I can sell down enough stuff, I am going to get one. Yes I would like to stop in.

Smile Smile Dick

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 9:33 am    

Just give me a call or text first (839-0195) to make sure I'm in town. Will be in Malaysia and Singapore on business from the 10th thru 24th of this month but mostly clear after that.

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 10:38 am     amp

I'll do that John.
Be safe and well.
Dick

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2019 11:45 am     Evans

Make a decent offer folks. ( have $495 including shipping.

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2019 10:28 pm     Evans amp

New lower price. Now $475 shipped.

Parnell Flynn

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2019 1:11 pm    

Hurry up and get this terrific amp while you can! I bought the brown se200 Dick was selling and I can tell you is sounds out of this world!!(thanks to William Litaker for helping me dial it in!). Dick did a fantastic job of packing the amp up and got it to me quickly. He is a great guy to do business with. If I had the extra money I would grab this amp as a backup!

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2019 4:51 pm    

I have an older RE-200 which is the exact same amp with a smaller cab. and a 10" speaker it is unreal as far as tone and power it can hold its own with a Webb 614-e and a Fender Twin (Which I own both) this is a great amp at a great price.

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 2:51 pm     still available

Hi Barry glad to read your input.
I will need to make a decision this week on which new Evans to buy.
It will either be the 8" AE200, the RE20010" or the JE200 12" speaker.
Man o man I played through the 8" without a problem, wow!!
Just the amp, no other toys plugged into it, it is incredible. Scot spent all the time needed to teach me how to dial in the sound my ears want to hear.
I am having a heck of a time deciding which size because number one all of them are nearly the same price so you know...get the most for the least thinking comes in.
From the artists that have truly used a new Evans, the 8" and 10" are downright amazing.
The Evans here that I have for sale, when I first heard it, well, I was sold on Evans. And these are hand made!!
Smile Smile
Dick

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2019 4:09 am    

Dick I wouldn't want your decision I've never tried the 8" speaker and can't imagen an amp with that much power having any bass production through an 8". But I was skeptical about the 10" in mine. The speakers of today and the ones of years ago are different animals.

Just an info addition these amps are great for 6 string guitar. My Tele sounds amazing from Clean to Twang Mr. Green Mr. Green

Good luck
Barry

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2019 5:29 am     speaker

Barry I couldn't either coming from old school thinking on speakers, bigger is better. This 8" speaker handles a low B on the C6th neck with ease and it is full and loud without sounding like it's coming through some small cheap speaker.

Our Pastor, a singer song writer plays through an 8" speaker in a Fishman amp I believe the brand is. Loud, clear and deep without distortion. No problem at all projecting full booming bass notes in church.

I used the Evans AE200 8" speaker with my Mullen D-10, volume cranked up beyond what anyone would like in church, playing hard bass runs down to low B, expecting the speaker to look like Rodney Dangerfield's eyes bulging out. Not one iota of a problem. Truly amazing. The Pastor sat in to listen, He wasn't surprised that it would handle it all perfectly.

Good to know on 6 stringers. I played a lap steel through it as well, and as Scot said would happen, did, the settings he helped me build worked equally as well, no need to constantly mess with dials other than volume.

So yes, today I want to decide for sure.

I really am wondering if I priced my Evans SE200 too low for this listing? I originally figured $595, but I want to pay for the new one sooner than later. Time is an issue anymore at this age.

Smile Smile
Dick

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2019 6:15 pm     Se200

Lowest price ever, $350 + ride & fees. Alexander cat is shaking his head in disbelief. Someone step up to the plate please, my new Evans is on its way here.

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2019 4:07 am    

There are Two of these amps on Ebay one is over $700.00 shipped and the other $1,149.00 this is a great amp at an unbelievable price. I cant use 2 or it would be GONE.

Barry

Parnell Flynn

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2019 6:15 am    

PM sent. This is too good to be true.

Eddie Thomas

Macon,Ga.,USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2019 6:16 am     Evans SE-200

This is a super deal. If I didn't have two already, this baby would be mine.

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2019 6:37 am     Se200

This amp is SOLD to Parnell Flynn.
Smile Smile Smile
Dick