The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Parts for Zum D-10
Philipp Friedrich

Germany
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2019 5:50 am    

Hello folks,

does anyone know where I can get additional knee levers for a Zum steelguitar? If possible, Iam looking for complete knee lever kits to add to a used Zumsteel. Is it very difficult to add more knee levers to an old Zum or would you better ask a mechanic to do that work for you. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Philipp Friedrich
Trier/Germany

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2019 3:26 pm    

Bruce was still selling them about 5 years ago, but I don't know about now. You had to call him on the phone. If he has any, he'd sell them. They were all the new style, not the older style, but they can be used on the older guitars - I did. And I think Bruce gives you some clear instructions on how to mount them, but i can be a bit difficult finding a spot that does not interfere with existing pull rods - some may need to be bend around a lever location. I'd suggest having the serial number to give him - he's got records of all he made, I think - and also any changes made since (not so much the pulls, but if any levers were added or moved). I think you might find his number if you search here on the forum. IIRC, you had to call before 8AM back then as he would be in the shop. I don't know if he still does shop time (not sure if he helps fabricate parts for the Encores), but it's worth a try.

Philipp Friedrich

Germany
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2019 12:02 pm    

Hello Douglas,
thank you very much for your information, I will give it a try wihin the next days.

Sincerely
Philipp Friedrich