The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PSG C6 Material
Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 1:53 pm    

Looking for some learning material for the PSG C6 neck. I do a lot better with a DVD & printed material instead of just printed material. Please let me know what you have. Thanks

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 2:03 pm    

Are you starting from scratch or looking to build?

I started with the Buddy Emmons Basic C6 course which I got from Jim Palenscar, I think.

Then I found that Herb Steiner and Jim Loessberg had quite a selection of stuff which got me figuring things out myself.

Of course others will chime in with loads more suggestions and maybe some offers to pass things on. I'm not done with mine quite yet!

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 2:42 pm    

Ian Rae wrote:
Are you starting from scratch or looking to build?

I started with the Buddy Emmons Basic C6 course which I got from Jim Palenscar, I think.

Then I found that Herb Steiner and Jim Loessberg had quite a selection of stuff which got me figuring things out myself.

Of course others will chime in with loads more suggestions and maybe some offers to pass things on. I'm not done with mine quite yet!

Just starting from scratch on the C6 neck

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 3:18 pm    

I found the Emmons course good. It's a book and CD. There's some interesting talk on the CD that isn't in the book.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 3:45 pm    

Ian Rae wrote:
I found the Emmons course good. It's a book and CD. There's some interesting talk on the CD that isn't in the book.

I can't get anyone to answer the phone at Jim's

David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 4:19 pm    

b0b has Jim Lossberg's dozen intros and solos for C6. Look under Instruction at the top of the page, then C6. Your purchase helps support the forum we love.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 4:22 pm    

David Venzke wrote:
b0b has Jim Lossberg's dozen intros and solos for C6. Look under Instruction at the top of the page, then C6. Your purchase helps support the forum we love.

I am just starting on C6, and I don't even know any grips yet. Any suggestions for the pure beginner? Thanks in advance

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2019 7:14 pm    

I have a course called "Introduction to C6 for E9 Players". It's a booklet plus audio CD. PM me for details.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2019 6:37 am    

Sorry Gary- I've been swamped at the shop and it is just me there. If you leave a message on the machine I always try to return your call the same day but I've seen no message from you. Also- feel free to email me at steelguitars@cox.net.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2019 6:43 am    

Jim Palenscar wrote:
Sorry Gary- I've been swamped at the shop and it is just me there. If you leave a message on the machine I always try to return your call the same day but I've seen no message from you. Also- feel free to email me at steelguitars@cox.net.

I know how it is when you are busy counting all them hundred dollar bills! LOL I'll call Monday, and if I don't get an answer, I will leave a message this time.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2019 6:48 am    

Yea- $100 bills outgoing Smile. Unfortunately I have to go to a service for my wife's niece today and will be gone next week until Friday so if you will send me an email letting me know what you want and I'll shoot down to the shop today and get it out for you.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2019 6:52 am    

Jim Palenscar wrote:
Yea- $100 bills outgoing Smile. Unfortunately I have to go to a service for my wife's niece today and will be gone next week until Friday so if you will send me an email letting me know what you want and I'll shoot down to the shop today and get it out for you.

I just sent you an email. Don't rush on this. When you get back will be just fine.

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2019 9:21 am     c6 stuff

ive got some herby Wallace tabs and cds you can have for free if you pay postage let me know
mike

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2019 9:41 am     Re: c6 stuff

Mike Archer wrote:
ive got some herby Wallace tabs and cds you can have for free if you pay postage let me know
mike

Mike, will it be okay if I come and pick them up next week?

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2019 9:58 am     c6 stuff

yes sir that be fine

ill get it all in a pile for ya!

mike