The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Webb vs Peavey 115 w/Extension cab...Stereo
George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2019 10:44 pm    

I have a Webb and am Considering the Peavey 115 with the Extended Cabinet for a stereo sound. I have never heard the 115 in stereo but years ago I used 2 NV400 in stereo. What are your thoughts on the trade? Stay with the Webb? or go to a Peavey 115 w/Cab in stereo?

Last edited by George Frachiseur on 11 Jun 2019 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2019 4:50 am    

surely some of you (PROS) have an opinion on this surely... Smile

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2019 5:54 am    

Not sure what your asking! The Webb 6-14-E is one of my all time favorite amps. The Webb 15"extension cabinet loaded with a JBL speakers sounds awesome with many different amps. This would not be a stereo setup however.

I ran two Nashville 400's with mono reverb into a stereo delay out to both amps for many years and that had a fat sound for sure. The Walker stereo steel is also stereo in that it has two powers amps and provisions for stereo effects.

I've not tried the Peavey Session 115 but it does have two built in power amps, stereo effects AND a stereo effects loop. This gives you lots of configuration options and in my experience a great near field stereo effect in addition to spreading the sound out. Your looking at around $2,100 to purchase both the Session 115 amp and extension speaker but it has a ton of nice features. I've never been any where near a stocking dealer to be able to try one of these out but it's on my bucket list of things to try and review.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2019 6:03 pm    

Thanks Greg. I too used 2 nashville 400 running in stereo, one dry the other with reverb and analoge delay in the 90's and at the time I didn't think there was anything better. I am now using a Webb 6-14E and a ext. cabinet with a JBL speaker and they sound great but it's getting heavier every time I pick it up! So I was just wondering how the Peavey 115 w/extension cab. in stereo sounded compared to the Webb. I was looking for others opinions before jumping in. I am getting older and am going to have to either get a roady or get my wife a dolly lol.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2019 7:33 am    

Some things to consider:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2019 2:28 pm    

It’s a bit of a stretch comparing two amps playing in stereo to any one amp.

The WEBB sounds wonderful, but it ain’t two amps playing in stereo. Ill bet the NV115 stereo set up sounds great as well.

Just sayin , its comparing two very different rigs.