The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone try the newest Peterson StroboStomp HD Pedal Tuner?
Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2019 4:57 am    

Anyone try this new Peterson StroboStomp HD Pedal Tuner? Thoughts?

https://www.petersontuners.com/products/stroboStompHD/

K

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2019 6:40 am    

I don't have one of those.
But, I have one of the clip on "StroboClipHD" tuners. I asked Peterson about the Steel Guitar programs and they said target date is this summer to have software to be able to load the steel programs (e.g. SE9) into this tuner.

Mathew Peluso

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2019 7:37 am    

They keep pushing the release date back on it. It should be great though. I have the StroboPlus HD and this pedal is supposed to be essentially the same thing in pedal form. I'll definitely be picking one up when it's finally released.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2019 11:30 am    

'Sweetwater Sound' has been accepting pre-orders for these pedals for quite some time, still no release date in sight??

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2019 8:06 pm    

I have the Strobo Plus Hd. Works well. But no fancy colors.
I wouldn't mind getting one of those clip on tuners when they update it.
I think I want all the tuners. Every tuner ever made!!!

K

David Donn

New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2019 1:04 am    

Have not tried but keen to! The current StroboPlus HD is good but not giggable IMHO due to its flimsiness. Also, they seem to have fixed the display so it's viewable from any angle - no more "is that an A or B note?". Smile

Josh Yenne

Sonoma California
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2019 11:38 pm    

Pre ordered it. No one has really. Looking forward

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2019 7:10 am    

Pre-ordered it at Sweetwater GearFest for $20 off. Played with it a bit at the Peterson booth. It is super bright and totally visible from the floor even outside in the daylight. Also the Peterson phone tuner app works nicely on my Iphone 10. Great products.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2019 2:42 pm    

I'm on the pre order list so they told me it'll be in stores by jult 20, this Saturday. If its got the pedal steel programs in it I'll buy it. I have the older but for some reason its not tuning in E anymore. It must be something I did or my great grandson might have done because the boy turns every knob he can get his hands on.

Bob Bender

Left Coast Florida
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2019 1:10 pm    

Guitar Center is/was taking on line pre-orders for 15% off and free shipping.Came to $115 after tax

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 11:26 am    

Mine just arrived today at lunch time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 11:30 am    

Standing by for your review Greg...Thanks, Carl

Chris Willingham

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 2:07 pm    

Knew I was gonna get one and just pre-ordered with 15% off from GC. Thanks for the heads up Bob! Ships next week.

Screen on my Stroboplus has been cracked for a while, hoping this one is a little more roadworthy.

2021 MSA Legend XL Signature S10 5X6 brown burst
Beard Josh Swift Sig, the purple one
Lap King Rodeo
p2p Bad Dawg 1x12, Quilter TT12 and a bunch of fiddles

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 3:14 pm    

Got mine running and all set up for my preferences.

Easier to read at any distance than the StroboPlus HD. IMO if you're only going to have one tuner get this one and not the StroboPlus HD. In fact I see no need to have both at all. The Stomp works great on the floor and can also be used at close range up off the floor same as the StroboPlus.

Many new and useful features on this tuner not available even on the awesome StroboPlus:

The display is brighter and clearer. Not only can the global display color be customized, you can have a different color for each preset tuning.

The DC power in port also feeds through power to a DC out port that you can daisy chain to other effect pedals.

All the sweeteners are here including the pedal steel ones for E9, C6 and U12.

You can set it up so that only the sweeteners or presets you use are are displayed. That way you don't have to toggle through a bunch of unused presets to get to your favorites. Mine is now set up for GTR, MAN, VLN, SE9, EP9, SC6, SP6 only.

You can display note names for guitar for example, E,A,D,G,B,E or have them show as strings 6,5,4,3,2,1

Three modes of operation are easily selected allowing for full bypass, buffered bypass (yes you are getting a signal buffer built into this tuner if so desired) and the option of having the tuner enabled or disabled in bypass mode.

The user manual is super short, very concise and covers a lot of stuff I've not mentioned here including all the USB port functions.

I should mention that although this tuner doesn't have a built in stand for tipping forward on the bench, the display is easy to read even sitting flat and viewing at a pretty steep angle. It also doesn't have a built in mic but I use the base level Peterson app on my phone if I need an acoustic tuner. Perhaps the optional TP-3 Clip-On or suction cup pickup will also work with this tuner.

Git U One! Comes with a 3 year warranty.

Last edited by Greg Cutshaw on 22 Jul 2019 7:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 3:28 pm    

Thanks Greg...that was quick and timely info. Ordering the tuner this evening. Carl

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 4:17 pm    

According to the Musician's Friend site, shipping will not commence until 08/18/19. Have mine reserved at 'Sweetwater Sound', hope that their projected date is a bit more timely.

Tommy Mc

Middlesex VT
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 4:43 am    

Greg Cutshaw wrote:

Many new and useful features on this tuner not available even on the awesome StroboPlus:

You can set it up so that only the sweeteners or presets you use are are displayed. That way you don't have to toggle through a bunch of unused presets to get to your favorites. Mine is now set up for GTR, MAN, VLN, SE9, EP9, SC6, SP6 only.

I should point out that this feature is available on the StroboPlus HD too.

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 5:09 am    

Greg, do the sweetened settings have separate settings for open tuning and pedals like the HD does?

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 5:32 am    

Roger, yup, same sets of pedal steel presets.

Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 5:38 am    

Hey Greg, thanks for the info.

Did you program your own pedal steel presets? I assume it's possible to do that?

Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 5:51 am    

Hey Greg, thanks for the info.

Did you program your own pedal steel presets? I assume it's possible to do that?

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 6:20 am    

I just use the built in presets. Using the usb port it's possible to program your own.

Last edited by Greg Cutshaw on 23 Jul 2019 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitch Adelman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 7:42 am    

I love mine. I have it connected to tuner output of Telonics pedal set to True bypass. I have had trouble changing between presets (SE9 and SP9) for the open strings and pedals tuning quickly on stage between tunes bending down to board pushing buttons etc so I'm now using the SH9 (Sid Hudson) preset. For the F# on the E string (C pedal) I just put the bar on the second fret on the E string push the C pedal till I get an in tune G# on the second fret. This is the same offset as the -11 for the G# as the OE9. After a little ear and bar adjustment from the SE9/SP9 tunings (which has sharp E as the SH has 0 for the E like the OE9). It really seems to work for the F# on the C pedal without having to bend down and push buttons between songs to change presets. Sounds great with the band. Everything sounds in tune and piece of cake to tune with just one stomp! Getting too old to bend down and push buttons! Anyway seems to work for me! Great tuner for a board and incredible display!

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 7:52 am    

Perhaps if demand is high enough Peterson will consider modifying the firmware to add the capability of changing presets via a bypass button sequence.

Mitch Adelman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 1:20 pm    

That would be a great idea Greg!!