The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud Restoration
Jerry Malvern

Menifee, California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2006 4:28 pm    

I am planning a complete restoration job on my guitar. It is an early, I am guessing, 1973 or 1974 LDG, single raise/lower. I have owned this guitar about 1 year. The previous owner told me it sat in a damp/wet garage for a long time. The finish is checked and it appears that the front board of the guitar is worped. I would like opinions as to who to send the cabinet to for repair and or refinishing. Also, my goal it to make this guitar new today but "time period correct" as to not alter that Shobud sound. But, before I start, I'd like to hear from other forum members with their opinions/suggestions. Thanks

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2006 5:26 pm    

www.duanemarrs.com
Take a look at their site. Have AJ Nelson refinish the cabinet and the rest of the boys tune'er up!

Jack Musgrave

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2006 9:02 pm    

Jerry, I am in the middle of a complete LDG restoration. My suggestion is to be patient. complete restorations take a long time. Go back and search on the Forum for as much imformation as you can find on Sho Buds, study it over and over. there is a wealth of imformation on the Forum if you dig for it. there are also a lot of helpful people with a lot of knowledge to help you here on the Forum