The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Webb 614E. Custom 1-12”. Sold
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2019 8:34 am    

Here’s a link to the project
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=341226&highlight=baby+webb

Moving and must sell a few items.

Awesome amp and extension speaker. Each cabinet has a12” SICA for a 200 watt output at 4 ohms

$1500 plus shipping

Last edited by Ken Fox on 11 Jun 2019 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2019 8:43 am    

Extension cabinet weighs. 29 pounds
Amp cabinet Weighs 35 pounds

Both cabs same dimensions:

19” high
15” wide
11 1:2” deep at bottom
10” deep at top

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2019 8:46 am    

just got this amp on on trade. A most unusual Webb. It was reduced in size some years ago by Forum member Quincey Damphouse. Here’s a link to the amp when he sold it. Lots more info there

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=200809

I got this amp I’m my shop from Quincey in 2010. I did my full Webb update on it then.
It was an all red amp at one time. Quincey recovered it in Western Tolex I have now stripped it down to bare wood again. Will be updating all the cosmetics soon.
Upon testing the amp I discovered the reverb to be very weak. It had a short reverb tank but the wrong one for the early Webb amps. Wrong input impedance. I changed the tank to the correct impedance and it sounds wonderful now. It sports a 12” SICA speaker at 8 ohms. That will allow the use of an 8 ohm extension cabinet. The current cab is closed back. I will be changing that back to an open back cabinet style.

The EQ has some strange parasitic oscillation that shows up well on my scope on the amp’s output. When the input to the EQ is checked with the scope probe the oscillation disappears.

Thanks must be extended to the help afforded by my friends, Tom Bradshaw and George Moore. George is in my opinion the foremost expert on Webb amp electronics. You’ll see his name on all the older schematics for Webb.
Without their help and generousity I would not be able to put this amp back to great condition once again