The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Edward Rhea - Updated Information
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 May 2019 12:49 pm    

I just learned that my friend Edward (Eddie) Rhea passed away yesterday evening. Those of you who had the opportunity to visit or play music with him, knew he was a genuinely great guy who was quick to offer help of any kind. Those of you who have only known him through his posts on the Forum will know he was always eager to help in any way and provide a good natured and well-thought response to most anything that would come up. Besides playing Pedal Steel, he played fiddle, guitar, and provided vocals for bands in Northwestern Oklahoma.

He was a loving husband to Deresa (Dee), and also leaves five children and two grandchildren. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Service Information:
2:00 p.m. Saturday June 1st at the Civic Center - 123 S. Main, Medford, OK. Music and fellowship celebrating Eddie's life immediately following the service.

Last edited by Kenny Davis on 29 May 2019 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 26 May 2019 1:55 pm    

Oh My! So sorry to hear this. He was just posting a few days ago.

Sincerest Condolences to Eddie's family and loved ones.

Byron McKedy

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2019 4:12 pm    

Eddy was one of the nicest person you could ever meet very talented and loved his family.god speed my friend.praying for his family

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2019 6:33 pm    

So sorry to hear of this. Eddie was a very nice gentleman an always ready to help out in anything. J.R.

Jack Ritter

Enid, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2019 6:36 am    

Our condolences to his family. A very nice fellow and enjoyed him coming by and we would play music. He will be missed. Jack

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2019 1:19 pm    

I purchased a lap steel from Eddie shortly after joining the forum and completely agree with Kenny's observation that he was "a genuinely great guy". He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 27 May 2019 2:22 pm    

I did a couple deals with Eddie....we spoke on the phone a few times and shared a few private messages. Though we never met, I felt he was an instant friend. Such a pleasant man to converse with.

I remember a couple years ago, he posted a photo of him with his first grand-baby. So proud and so thrilled. RIP Eddie.

Rex Blevins

Jenks, Oklahoma USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2019 4:37 pm     Eddie Rhea

I played music w/Eddie on occasion and have to agree, a wonderful person and a genuine diplomat to those of us that knew him.

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 27 May 2019 5:38 pm    

Godspeed Edward!

An enthusiastic steeler!

I noted his posts were always lively and considerate.

Condolences to Dee and his family.

A loss for the forum.

ken collins

Oklahoma City, OK.
Post  Posted 27 May 2019 7:57 pm     Edward Rhea

Condolences to Ed's family. I only knew him from his coming to our steel guitar meetings in OKC. It was a long way for him, he loved music and it showed. Sad news. Ken Collins

Adrian Adkisson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2019 1:48 pm    

This is such sad news. I met Eddie thru James Morehead. He was such a nice guy and would help you with anything. He eventually joined our group on fiddle, I want to say around the spring of 2016. We played quite a few shows together. I believe he was with us when we opened up for Cody Jinks and Whitey Morgan. He and I had texted in early May and he had told me his middle child was graduating and we'd get together soon to work on Shobuds. He had really paid attention to how James could work on steel guitars. I should've done the same but didn't. He was a very devoted husband and father.
I won't be able to make the services tomorrow because of a family reunion that I have to attend in a different part of the state. Thanks Kenny for calling and keeping me informed and reminding me to visit the forum. I'll be checking back here frequently.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2019 1:11 pm    

This is terrible news...I just now read this post...I rarely look at the "gone home" section. Ed was a great guy, always happy and was wonderful to me...he came over several times to my house and worked on steel guitars for me...I feel awful that I just now learned about it. Ed was a hard worker for the railroad company...he told me the last time I saw him that the work was making an old man of him, but he was happy and had a big smile on his face...I offered him 2 hats..an Emmons and a Zumsteel hat...he couldnt decide which one, so I said, take them both...he had a big smile on his face...I will remember his warm friendly smile. If anyone knows what happened you can send me a pm, I would appreciate it. Condolences to his family and may you RIP Ed.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Nic Sanford

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2019 5:11 pm    

My first roadtrip with my wife was to deliver a Silverface Champ to Edward. We met in El Reno. He was an instant friend to both of us. He couldn't have been a nicer guy. Our condolences go to his family.

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2019 10:48 am    

Sad news indeed. I didn't know Eddie face to face, but we connected thru James Morehead, talked a couple of times and exchanged some emails. I enjoyed his posts, and loved hearing about his 6139 Sho-Bud, and how James worked his magic on it. Condolences to Eddie's wife and family.