| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter tone
Richard Lotspeich

North Georgia
Post  Posted 15 May 2019 3:49 am    

I think all of us having trouble contacted Pat.The response wasnt to help the problem,or even figure out what the problem was. I was(for what ever reason) playing at 10 master and 7-8 gain in my living room. ,,The Quilter email said "Don't be afraid to turn it up"

Last edited by Richard Lotspeich on 16 May 2019 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2019 7:14 am    

Richard, my Steelaire is a great amp. From what you stated I think they best correct your problem. Can you call and speak with someone who can correct it? I didn’t realize that guys were having these kind of problems. This Forum is very powerful and I believe they best correct the problem on the faulty amps or stop producing the Steelaire because sales are going to virtually stop. I also have two Quilter mini heads and they have plenty of power. I think you or someone should show this thread to Quilter. They need to know that they have an important business decision to make.
This is great news for Peavey, Telonics, Little Walter and Milkman!
Jerry

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 15 May 2019 8:04 am    

Jerry, made contact with Quilter, Pat suggested that I just crank it up, despite telling him it was already cranked up, Chris Park did not reply to my email. I believe Quilter are well aware of the problem, just choosing not to do anything about it, so believe it is a waste of time contacting them yet again. I again make the point that the tone is great, and up until the point I contacted them with the problem the customer service had been good, and I am deeply disappointed that not one single person from Quilter contacted me to say sorry you are having a problem, what can we do to sort it out. Needless to say no more Quilter gear for me, a total waste of $900 for an amp that struggles on even moderate volume gigs.

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2019 2:20 pm    

At home, I play in a pretty large open living/dining/kitchen area. With the Gain and Master set on 5 on either Channel 1 or Channel 2, I have too much volume pedal left to dump it. I alternate between Hiltion and Goodrich Omni volume pedals. If I select both channels and dime the Master, I have to turn the Gain WAAYYY down on both channels. I have found that I like the tone with the Master and Gain set pretty close to the same.