The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sold Please Close
Avery Bradshaw

Danville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2019 1:48 pm    

Hello! I have a Franklin here that I purchased this year locally from a man who's dad had played it for years here in Kentucky.

Its a single 12 neck with 7 pedals and 5 knee levers. its tuning is as follows from the high strings to the low: F#, D#, G#, E, C#, B, G#, F#, E,D,B,E. Its current setup is similar to that of a standard 10 string E9, but the fifth string is different. I have quickly learned that I cannot play it, and I am focusing my time on my 10 string E9.

When I got the guitar the changer had several problems. I took it to a friend and steel guitar mechanic Smile in Pigeon Forge and had him go through the guitar. As it is now, the pedals and knees all seem to be working just fine but you may have to adjust them to your preference. We also discovered that the previous owner had done some work to the headstock to install new tuners on the guitar. The headstock has been fixed and the tuners now work well. Some of them are harder to turn, but they all seem to hold tune very well. I also discovered that someone had taken a couple of the legs to a vice grip to loosen the collar to make them longer or shorter, so a couple of the legs show some damage. But, new legs can be easily had it seems like! The case seems to be the original but its pretty toasted on one end as you can see in the pictures.

All in all, the guitar itself looks great and sounds really good! It plays very smooth and I really enjoyed having the lower register of strings to play on. All the metal looks really nice and cleaned up very well. I think that with a few adjustments this will be a wonderful guitar for years to come! And of course, its a Franklin, so that helps out!

Feel free to send me any questions that you may have. I'm most certainly no expert but I will try my best to answer them. I am asking $5,000 (updated to $4500) for the guitar and case. I could possibly ship it but would prefer a local sale in the Kentucky area due to the case being in rough shape. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Avery Bradshaw on 3 Jun 2019 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Avery Bradshaw

Danville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2019 11:18 am    

Make me a reasonable offer guys! Also, I'm open to some partial trades if you have something I could use. Smile

Jon Schimek

Lyons, Co - USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2019 11:47 am    

Hey Avery,

You made the comment:
Quote:
When I got the guitar the changer had several problems. I took it to a friend and steel guitar mechanic Smile in Pigeon Forge and had him go through the guitar.

Can you expand on what you mean by the changer having several problems? Like adjustment issues or was it bent or misaligned? I think if you can get your mechanic from Piegeon Ford to write up a few sentences on what had to be done it would really be helpful.

Thanks,
Jon

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 11 May 2019 7:28 am    

Im interested in this too..Id like to know was the changer damaged somehow, or modified ??
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Eric Philippsen

Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2019 8:11 am    

Just as info.

The steel is an early Franklin. You can tell because of the block, rather than script, logo.

Avery Bradshaw

Danville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2019 7:58 pm    

Hey guys! No damage to the changer at all. Junior said he just had to clean it up because a few of the parts were sticking. He said that it’s as good as it was new now. I apologize for the late reply, I hadn’t seen the comments. Thanks for your interest!

Avery Bradshaw

Danville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 7:49 am    

Eric Philippsen wrote:
Just as info.

The steel is an early Franklin. You can tell because of the block, rather than script, logo.

Yes, this one is number 038. I am not sure what year that puts it in though.

Avery Bradshaw

Danville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2019 8:41 am     Price Drop

I have now lowered the price to $4500!

Avery Bradshaw

Danville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2019 12:57 pm    

Pending sale.