The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeffran College JF Picks
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2019 3:46 pm    

I've been waiting 13 months for picks that I prepaid for. They don't respond to multiple emails or web contact page. They stopped giving lame excuse updates long ago and I wonder if I'm the only one a little ticked off? I don't care about the money, just the total lack of courtesy.

bob

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2019 4:47 pm    

No you're not. There have been many posts on here on that subject, some that have been ongoing for many months. A lot of people got screwed by Melissa. You can probably just realize that you will never see them.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2019 4:49 pm    

Click Here

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2019 7:18 pm    

Lee Baucum wrote:
Click Here

Thanks, Lee

I'll just write it off. Not worth pursuing. Would have been nice to get notified.

bob

Bobby Bonds Sr.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2019 8:08 am     JF picks

I paid for four sets over a year ago, so you're not alone.
I'm a little ticked off too!

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2019 6:12 am    

I think she is correct in assuming that most of us (and I bet that’s a lot of us) aren’t going to put in a lot of time pursing options to recover the thirty or forty bucks we were taken for, and eventually we will stop talking about it. Not exactly a great business model to promote a company that makes products for steel players...

Lee Baucum

Post  Posted 7 Apr 2019 6:29 am    

Quote:
Not exactly a great business model to promote a company that makes products for steel players...

This is reminiscent of the death of the Emmons guitar company, perhaps on a smaller scale, dollar-wise.

Fred Martin

Phoenix, Az
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2019 6:59 am    

Jeff,s great business sense and ethics sure took a nose dive here. Sent them an email but of course no response except to keep sending notices to buy something from them. I don’t remember how many dollars I got screwed out of, so long ago. All I got so far is a bit smarter !

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2019 6:10 pm    

Important to remember you're no longer dealing with Jeff and Fran. It's their children and or grand children.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2019 3:55 am    

Does Melissa have a membership on the Forum? Surely she does. I’m wondering why it hasn’t been suspended same as any other member who takes money and doesn’t deliver multiple times. Perhaps a message to b0b about all this?
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2019 7:55 am    

Patrick Huey wrote:
Does Melissa have a membership on the Forum? Surely she does. I’m wondering why it hasn’t been suspended same as any other member who takes money and doesn’t deliver multiple times. Perhaps a message to b0b about all this?

I don't believe Jeff, Fran, or Melissa were ever members here.

Lee Baucum

Post  Posted 14 Apr 2019 10:46 am    

Patrick Huey wrote:

Melissa Greer ---------------> Click Here

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2019 11:08 am    

She hasn't logged in since February 2018. I was hoping that she would, to make an apology and/or announcement. I'm not sure how disabling her account would help the situation. Oh Well

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 10:43 am    

b0b wrote:
She hasn't logged in since February 2018. I was hoping that she would, to make an apology and/or announcement. I'm not sure how disabling her account would help the situation. Oh Well

I’m not sure it would either, b0b, and I’d hate to see Jeffran put on the do not do business with list here. Hmmmmm. 🤔🤔
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 2 May 2019 1:35 pm    

Patrick Huey wrote:
b0b wrote:

I’m not sure it would either, b0b, and I’d hate to see Jeffran put on the do not do business with list here. Hmmmmm. 🤔🤔

The Jeffran Co. that we all did business with no longer exists. Melissa has no ownership stake in the business, she's just selling out of inventory, I'm sure.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 2 May 2019 1:54 pm    

If she can live with it , I can live without it. I wish her well.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 4:08 am    

It is truly a shame that this is the way things have turned out. I have several of Jeff’s Lessons on video tape. It is the gift that keeps on giving, as I refer to them often.I’m glad I ordered finger picks and Thumb picks from Fran when I did.

Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 6:56 am    

Is there some rocket science preventing someone else from placing a manufacturing order for these picks?
Maybe they can become Steel Guitar Forum brand picks?