The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Whose playing in Nashville Easter weekend?
Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2019 2:40 pm    

I'm driving down to Nashville with the whole family next weekend 4/19-4/21 to pick up my steel from Mike Cass (he put on an LKV). Anybody know what's going on? Thanks

Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2019 6:47 pm    

You will have several opportunities to hear steel in Nashville. It just depends on who is on or off the road at the time.

I suggest checking out Tyler Hall somewhere on Broadway. Also, Mike Bourque, Mike Sweeney, and possibly Eddie Lange. These are players you don't want to miss.

Rusty Danmeyer plays at the Music City Bar & Grill. It is about 1/4 to 1/2 of a mile north of the Grand Ole Opry house off of Briley Pkwy.
Be sure to check out Steel Guitar Nashville north of town, out in Hendersonville. There, you never know who you will see there. Bob Hempker (veteran steel player - 28 yrs w/ Loretta Lynn) is running the store. Buck Reid runs the service bench there too.

If you are in Hendersonville around breakfast or lunch, check out the "Red Rooster Cafe". It's just down the street from SGN.

Be sure to catch a Grand Ole Opry show and to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Enjoy!

Mullen G2 D-10 (9p/5k)
Retired, US Army Band (Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Kemper Profiler / LW 89

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2019 6:59 pm    

Thanks Tim!!
Like most family outings though, I can't win. If I take my family out to see one of those guys, there are only two possible outcomes:
1)."He sounds like you" means they don't know what they're talking about and I'll never impress them.
2). "Whoah, you'll never sound like that", which is less than inspiring.
ha ha

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2019 8:32 am    

Rusty Danmeyer-Nashville Palace Saturday Apr.20-4-7pm...

Me-Scoreboard Bar-Saturday Apr.20-7-10pm...right next door...

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2019 10:42 am    

Thanks everyone! We're here! I'm at the whim of wife and daughter, but I'll try.

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2019 6:41 pm    

We'll, interesting. My wife and our 15 year old daughter went to Nashville to visit Vanderbilt, have fun, and pick up my guitar from Mike Cass. Mike did a bang up job. We enjoyed Broadway because it was so chaotic and there were so many drunk people. I SAW a steel guitar but the band just had quit. Mike said they were illegal on Broadway after 6P. He might be right. Then we the drove out by opryland. Music city grill had just a steelless trio, but there was a bar wrapped in plastic in the parking lot called the Scoreboard that had Joe Spivey and Steve Hinson on the band. I could only stay for a set, but they were great. Mission accomplished.

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2019 9:23 pm     Glenn...

Thanks for the kind words,Glenn!Wish I'd had a chance to say hi!Come back and see us soon!

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 6:19 am    

I really wanted to say hi and chit chat, but my wife and daughter were waiting in the parking lot. You guys were having great fun, and the crowd went nuts when you guys played Tulsa time. Was that an NV112 behind you?

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 11:55 am     Nv 112...

Yes,NV112...I actually have the new 115 and love it,but the load in...well,you saw it...hope to meet you in person sometime...thanks for coming by!

PS-I remember"Tulsa Time"alright-I broke a 3rd right at the beginning!Good times!

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 8:33 pm    

I saw, but you'd never know because you were smiling and looking busy the whole time, like you were playing. I'm surprised nobody ever made a D10 with E9 on both necks for that reason... I'm so glad I did some digging and saw you guys.

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2019 6:53 am     E9th

Glenn Demichele wrote:
I saw, but you'd never know because you were smiling and looking busy the whole time, like you were playing. I'm surprised nobody ever made a D10 with E9 on both necks for that reason... I'm so glad I did some digging and saw you guys.

Glen they did:

Johnny Cox
April 19 at 8:44 PM ·
This was a 72 Sho-Bud Professional. A great playing and sounding guitar. It was my first brand new guitar. It had E9th on both necks, I don't remember why though. I was 16 working with The Singing Rambos.
Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments and people sitting
Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments and people sitting

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 23 Apr 2019 9:07 pm    

It's like my running joke with my bass player - I think he should tune all his strings to E.