The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Volume Pedal Pot Adjustment
Carl McLaughlin

St.Stephen,New Brunswick,Can
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 3:02 pm    

Can some tell me how to adjust the pot on my volume pedal.I loosened the allen screw and turned the pot shaft ,but am not real happy with the results.I have tried many settings.Is there a set way of setting it?.It seems i have to turn the amp up to get a good sound,should the pedal rob any of the sound.It is a Fulkwa pedal with 500k pot.Made very similar to goodrich.

HELP
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 4:22 pm    

Is there a screwdriver slot in the end of the pulley shaft?
If not, it is trial and error.
Jerry

Carl McLaughlin

St.Stephen,New Brunswick,Can
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 3:02 pm     Volume Pedal Problems

Yes there is a slot for a screwdriver.This pedal really sucks the volume from my amp???
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 6:37 pm    

Yes, you may have to turn the amp up to get a decent sound if you're using a pot pedal. Turn your amp volume up to about 5 or 6, and then notice how far the pedal has to move before you start hearing sound. You should start hearing sound by the time the pedal has moved 1/4" to 1/2", and if that's the case, the pedal is probably functioning properly.

The guitar's volume with the pedal at max should be close to the same volume as it is when you plug the guitar directly into the amp. It will probably not be quite as loud, but that's perfectly normal. If, however, there is a huge difference, then the string may be slipping, or the pedal may not be wired properly.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2019 9:46 pm     Volume Pedal Pot Adjustment

Check the rotation of the pot. It needs to rotate about 340 degrees for, From near off to full volume.
I have had to either lathe the string pulley smaller diameter, Or replace the pulley with a smaller one for near full rotation and proper pedal operation.

The stops on some pedals may have to be adjusted to get the rotation desired.
Good Luck on this project.