The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Curious About This Lehle Volume Pedal
Bill Bassett

Papamoa New Zealand
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 6:58 am    

Just browsing around Sweetwater this morning when this caught my eye. Now, I wonder if the Steel Guitar community at large has an opinion. Questions of operation, durability and pedal 'feel'.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MonoVol--lehle-mono-volume-pedal

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 7:18 am    

This pedal has been discussed previously on the Forum, do a search.
Erv

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 7:24 am    

My review of the Lehle pedal. I'm still using it and it's a great pedal!

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Lehle%20Mono%20Volume%2090/Lehle%20Mono%20Volume%2090.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill Bassett

Papamoa New Zealand
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 9:04 am     Yes Erv

Everything imaginable has been discussed here. I know that. So, theoretically all such questions require no more than a search, right? OK. Fine. By extension, one assumes all possible responses, opinions and objective information have also been addressed over the 22 years of Forum operation. That's good to know Erv. The Forum has reached saturation.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 9:17 am    

There's always room for further discussion, more recent experiences and opinions than those already posted. This is a forum, a place to talk and discuss, often about the same topics over and over again. Sometimes people want information that they could search for but then we could just lock up the forum and only allow searches. Sometimes people just want to talk and that provides us with new daily posts to read.

Lots of great volume pedals out there. I am not super impressed with the appearance of the Lehle pedal but it does stand out in the looks department as being different. Somehow I just like the overall feel of it. The height of a volume pedal in all positions is a big deal for some people. From what I've read I'd be pretty happy with the super small Moyo pedal if I was still lugging stuff around. Could buy two of those, one for backup , for the price of most high end pedals and easily carry both with you.

Last edited by Greg Cutshaw on 18 Apr 2019 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill Bassett

Papamoa New Zealand
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 9:34 am     Thank You

Thanks

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 9:59 am    

Does anybody know anything about the Lehle pedal? Rolling Eyes
Erv

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2019 10:06 am     curious about this Lenoir Volume pedal

Bill, as Greg pointed out, there are a lot of good pedals out there. I have had two Hilton's, an Omni, tried out a Telonics, and currently have a 120 and the Lehlie 90. The 90 is built for steel with the jack's on the side.(The 90 refers to the jack's on the side being 90 degrees from the front of the pedal) I give the Lehlie the blue ribbon out of the ones I have tried.It is built like a tank, works as smooth as butter, is easy to adjust, no moving parts, no pot, no tone change, nice taper, and works off of a magnet and a sensor. I love the way it feels. You can see a video if you go to youtube and type Lehlie volume pedal 2018 NAMM show. I think this pedal is one of the best kept secrets in steel. My opinion, so take it as that.

Wayne Steppy

Fort Worth Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2019 6:41 pm    

I second everything George wrote! I love mine.

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 12:08 am    

Lehle makes good units. For a VP it would depend on how you like the angle of the throw and the height in addition to what it does to the sound of your guitar.

With many things, it would be best you get a hold of one and try it out because no matter what someone says, it's like buying underwear.

Only you know what fits you. Smile

Peter Harris

South Australia, Australia
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 4:48 am    

Godfrey Arthur wrote:
Lehle makes good units. For a VP it would depend on how you like the angle of the throw and the height in addition to what it does to the sound of your guitar.

With many things, it would be best you get a hold of one and try it out because no matter what someone says, it's like buying underwear.

Only you know what fits you. Smile

...or what you're willing to be seen in, when you're out-and-about.....

Bill Bassett

Papamoa New Zealand
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 5:48 am     Thanks

Well...I received the pedal yesterday, not a moment too soon. My frustration with the old EB pedal is intolerable. I'll try it tonight at a real gig and let ya know how this new 'underwear' fits.

colin mcintosh

Australia
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 6:23 am    

I'm another Lehle owner and the best thing I can say about it is that I don't notice it's there. Nothing about it bothers me so I guess it's perfect for what I need.

Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 7:22 am    

One thing of importance between Greg's pics and the Sweetwater link is Greg's pics show the Lehle with side jacks. Sweetwater shows end jacks. Might make a difference.

This is the one with the side jacks... https://lehle.com/EN/Lehle-Mono-Volume-90. The "90" isn't in stock at Sweetwater.

Amazon "may" have one... https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0711C5V1Y/.

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 7:55 am    

Reverb has a 8 of the mono 90 with side jacks pedals listed. A few are priced in the rage of pot pedals! I bought mine off of Reverb. The listing below also shows two of the mono pedals with front jacks:

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=lehle%20mono%20volume%2090

including this one for a bit less money:

https://reverb.com/item/20215156-lehle-mono-volume-pedal-made-in-germany

Bill Bassett

Papamoa New Zealand
Post  Posted 10 May 2019 9:08 am     Review

Now that I've had the pleasure of using my new Lehle pedal, I'm delighted. Smooth, adjustable, not too tall. I like it a lot. One thing though, all the cool kids have blue lights under their guitars. I just need to find a blue light for it. Then I'll be happy.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2019 12:21 pm     Curious about this Lehlie Volume pedal

Welcome to the happy Lehlie owners club. Best kept secret in steel. Guys, you need to try one of these puppies. Just buy from a place with a good return policy, just in case.

Billy Murdoch

Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.
Post  Posted 10 May 2019 12:42 pm    

I received a Lehle pedal today and I have tried it for about an hour.I am very pleased with it but find that the top four strings are quite bright in tone.I will probably only use this pedal at home as I have a telonics for gigs.
I play thru a Quilter 200mb and it has a tremendous tone but is lacking a bit in tone control and it is very difficult to reduce the highs any more.I have not yet tried connecting My Benado Steel Freams which would probably give a desired cut in the highs.
All in all The Lehle seems like a very good buy.
Best regards
Billy

Greg Lambert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2019 12:50 pm     Re: Thanks

Bill Bassett wrote:
Well...I received the pedal yesterday, not a moment too soon. My frustration with the old EB pedal is intolerable. I'll try it tonight at a real gig and let ya know how this new 'underwear' fits.

I have one of the Old EB pedals with the jacks on the side. I replaced the pot with one of the Dunlops Tom Bradshaw was selling. Couldnt be happier. Same tone as the $250 goodrich pedal for 30 bucks. For the string I use a waxed unbreakable string. Had it on for years with no problem.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2019 1:04 pm     Curious about this Lehlie Volume pedal

I had just got my Evans pre-amp when I got my Lehlie. Evans amps are really bright to begin with and you have to turn the treble almost off. The Lehlie and the Evans didn't get along at all. I contacted Brad Sarno for a possible solution. He suggested installing a resistor in my steel jack, making a special "Lehlie" cord with a resistor soldered into the plug, let him do an amp mod like he did for John Hughey, use a Freeloader, Black Box, or other tone control device. I went with the Black Box, since it has the Freeloader built in, p!us I get the benefit of a tube. I did not have any problem with my Katana or Stereo Steel. I just turned the treble down slightly. The Black Box works great. With the variable Z all the way off, I get no treble to speak of. I set it at 11 o'clock .

Charley Paul

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2019 7:42 pm    

I really like my Lehle Volume pedal. I bought the Mono Volume 90 with the side jacks, and ordered a bracket from Lehle that attaches to the pedal bar.

I love that it has a built in buffer, an isolated tuner out, and the throw and volume are both adjustable. It sounds clear and strong with zero tone suck. I don’t really feel the need for a separate buffer when using the Lehle. It’s a nice, tidy, all in one package. I mostly run my steel>Lehle>Pro Reverb and that’s it. Classic, simple.

I do think that it can sound a bit bright....mostly due to the fact that we are probably used to hearing the effects of capacitance. But, if I lower the treble on my amp, I can warm it up very nicely. I also think that there is a small volume bump even with the built in gain pot all the way down. But I turn down my amp, and it works fine. I get a nice, strong signal that can get the preamp cooking without making it sound dirty.

Initially, I bought the Lehle so that I would never have to worry about breaking a string on a Volume pedal at a gig. However....I’m on the fence about my logic. If the Lehle fails, it’s over and I am without a volume pedal. If my Goodrich breaks a string, I’m back up and running in a few minutes.

However, the Lehle is a GREAT pedal, and luckily (In my experience) Lehle products are built like tanks.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 20 May 2019 5:10 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BmVk25vRF4

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 20 May 2019 5:16 am    

Well, for $10.00 more you can buy a Hilton, all electric, USA made, with steel guitar user friendly side in's & out's, with unbelievable USA customer service. Very Happy

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 20 May 2019 5:26 am    

So true Fred. I've used my Hilton for 20 years with no issues. Made in America!!

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2019 6:53 am     Curious about this Lehlie Volume pedal

We are all different. I have had two Hilton's and didn't like them. I go back and forth between my Lehle and 120, depending on the sound I get at different venues. Both pedals sound good to me, but different. Plus by carrying them both, I always have a backup.