The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  in ear monitors
Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2019 5:33 am    

I have significant hearing loss and use hearing aides. After trying several brands, I've come to the conclusion that these devices are designed to amplify conversation and do a crappy job of amplifying live music All are subject to feedback, zingy artifacts and ghost tones that are not truly representaive of the tone produced by my guitar & amp. The tone quality that I've experienced from the headphone out to studio headphones (sans hearing aides) is much better.

That being the case, I'm considering ditching the hearing aides on stage in favor of using high quality in-ear monitors -either from the headphone output of my Telonics 500c or from the mixing board. Currently, I'm looking at Shure 535s vsx AlienEars G8 or 1964s.

Ahy input would be appreciated.

Rex Blevins

Jenks, Oklahoma USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2019 5:51 am     IEM's

Tony, I went to IEMs about 10 years ago because the band was very loud and I likewise had to play loud. After listening to them complain I was too loud, I went to the IEMs and the research I found was to get Future Sonics.If you call Marty Garcia who owns FS, he will be most helpful. Also, look at their artist list, everyone from Reba to U2. Their phone # is (215)826-8826. I also use a hardwired Shure 600 pack playing live. Great combo and I think you would be happy. PM me if you have aa question about them.