The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Who's the steeler?
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 9:29 am    

Who plays the beautifully haunting steel on the Michael Stanton Orchestra version of "Let it be Me" ?

I heard it again as I was working away at my steel.

I think it is Buddy Emmons but that would be pure guess work.
Anybody know?

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 2:31 pm    

Bump it up..I just need to find out who plays on this one Smile

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 7:55 pm    

The credits on the CD list Michael Stanton playing pedal steel, keyboards, acoustic guitar, and 12-string guitar.

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2007 5:08 am    

Donny, really? a bandleader right? A bandleader who plays steel? You're not puttin' me on are you? Confused

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2007 7:50 am    

Where can one get this CD? "Let It Be Me" is one of my favorite songs, I would like to hear it with steel and orchestra.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2019 6:12 pm    

I know this is an old thread, but I had forgotten about Michael Stanton until I heard one of his songs on XM radio's Escape channel this morning. So it was off to Ebay and Amazon to find his CD, and an Amazon seller had it at a reasonable price, so I ordered it. There was one on Ebay for an UN-reasonable price. The song I heard was "She Thinks I Still Care" and it sounded really good.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2019 10:18 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXy5VaG3Rp8
WOW !

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2019 5:58 pm    

I looked for videos of him but missed this one, thanks for posting the link. I wonder if he is still active? The website shown in the video wouldn't work.