The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How to do repeats
Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2019 1:26 pm    

If I have a song laid out like Verse, Chorus, Chorus, Verse, Chorus how do I make the first chorus repeat a second time rather than type in two choruses. I have BIAB 2014 Thanks Bill

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2019 2:48 pm    

Try going to edit at the top and copy the 2nd chorus after the first chorus. Then at the end do an ending in song settings and skip the second chorus. That's the only way I know how you could do it.

Harry Dove

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2019 5:50 pm    

You might want to go to the PG Music forum and ask that question. In my experience if you try to make a repeat of just the chorus, BIAB will copy and insert the bars of the chorus after the first chorus. To not play the chorus twice the second time through you would have to insert a tag to take you past the second chorus to the ending. There are guys at the PG Music forum that know this program inside and out and if there is a better way, they would know.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2019 12:40 pm    

I find it easier to just copy and paste the verses, breaks, etc... in the format you want it to be, and make it one entire song, rather that do the repeats. That way you can have it anyway you want it. The unfold function is handy in doing this also.

RC

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2019 11:39 am    

Thanks all for the help. I posted on PG Music as you suggested Harry and it cant be done. I thought it was me not understanding how to do it. The replies say to basicly just lay it out as you suggest Ric. Also Ric, Thanks for doing the BIAB instructional CD. It was a real help getting me started 3 years ago. Bill

Harry Dove

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2019 5:38 pm    

Good to know that I hadn't missed anything by not being able to make it work either.