The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Optimize your Windows PC for Studio One article
ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2019 7:52 am    

Most of you that are really into recording have probably already done some of these.
From the internet, November 2017.
FYI.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio-one//15-ways-to-optimize-your-windows-pc-for-studio-one

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2019 9:01 am    

Some of the items I agree with and others I do not. Some of the items are things everyone should be doing, not just specialized items for a recording DAW PC.

On my system, that I run (ran) Cakewalk Sonar and Studio One 4.1, I do not disable Windows Defender or Firewall (security).

Never run a Registry Cleaner, they can cause more problems than they claim to fix. No "techie" that I know would recommend a registry cleaner.

If you have an SSD drive, DO NOT defragment it. Windows 10, if it senses an SSD will not even try to defrag it.

ReadyBoost (using a flash drive for extra RAM) is mostly a thing of the past. I can't remember the last time it was mentioned on a computer forum.

Finally, except for setting the Power Plan to High Performance (and disabling Internet (NIC) when I record), there is no other special "tweaks" done to my recording system. My DAW system is a home built with a Z170 motherboard, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram and an SSD for OS and DAW programs.