| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New price -$4200 JCH Double neck Cherry 9x7
Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 12:05 pm    

I went through this guitar from end to end. Polished the fingers, changer, headstock and end plates. New NOS fretboard decals. The changer was replaced somewhere along the way so it has a complete NOS changer buffed to a gloss finish. It plays as easy as any guitar I have ever played.

IN case you are not familiar with these guitars - Jimmy Crawford built IMO the finest pedal steel guitars ever made. He worked at Emmons for a decade prior to joining up with John Hughey, with financing from Harold Jenkins (Conway Twitty) to build about 200 guitars from the early 80’s until the early 2000s, hence the name JCH. The tone is very much like a push pull Emmons but it’s an all-pull guitar. No guitar ever left his shop without being just right. In refurbishing this guitar I have tried to live up to his standards. The design is top drawer made with the finest materials and it is truly a professional instrument. A guitar built to Jimmy’s specifications would cost five figures to build at today’s costs. It’s one of a kind, the only one like it, a cherry guitar, designed for Tiny Olson. He played it on the road and on records for Gene Watson so it’s truly a piece of country music history. Elsie Crawford was kind enough to send me Jimmy’s original notes on the setup and they are included in the sale. I think it’s worth much more but I am offering it for sale at $4200 plus freight and insurance. More pictures to come.

Last edited by Gary Thorsen on 19 Mar 2019 11:18 am; edited 5 times in total
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 1:09 pm    

GORGEOUS. Whoa!

what's up with that 10th pedal Gary?

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 1:28 pm    

Nice one these are really hard to find someone grab it get me out of my misery.
Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 1:33 pm    

Nice one these are really hard to find someone grab it get me out of my misery.
Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 4:00 pm    

Mercy !!

Tribes Hill, NY, Mohawk River Valley, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 6:09 pm    

Wow Gary:

She came out beautiful man..!! I remember visiting the Crawford basement a few times while that horn was being built. What an awesome guy Jimmie was..!! He had worked on a few of my Emmons Originals over the years prior to the JCH as well. It was always fun to be around Jimmie.

That horn was originally 2" taller than standard like all my guitars. It was built with 9x7. It travelled the entire North American Continent and much of Europe. I used it on all cuts of Gene's album "Starting New Memories" and a few tv shows too. It served me well.

Good luck with the sale Gary and I hope you're well.

Chris "Tiny" O.
Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2019 7:34 pm     Thanks guys !!

And thank you Tiny! To answer your question Scott, the pedal bar you see here is off of John Hughey’s 10x9 JCH guitar, which I also own. Someone had cut down the originals on Tiny’s and I am waiting on a set of proper length pedal rods.
Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2019 11:10 am     Bump for new price

Ttt