The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Collection of 67 non pedal steels
Michael Maddex

Northern New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2019 9:40 am    

Howard Steinberg wrote:
Jimmie- Guitars are still for dale. ... He’s sold a few on ebay, but as far as I know, there are at least 60 left. ...

I know Jimmie would like them all, but if your friend´s friend is already selling them off, it sure would be nice to see them listed here on our Classifieds as well as his other venues of choice. JMO. Cool

Howard Steinberg

St. Petersburg, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2019 11:19 am    

I've tried to direct him away from EBAY. I have only so much influence. I'm going to see them in a few weeks. Ebay is not the place, in my mind to sell these guitars, as evidenced by some of the prices that they sold for. I'm also trying to get him to call Jimmie. Again, I'm not in much of a position to make this happen. Until I get face to face with this person, look for the guitars on Ebay. The seller name is Lawrsi7251 (or something close to that).

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2019 12:44 pm     yep

Howard Steinberg wrote:
I've tried to direct him away from EBAY. I have only so much influence. I'm going to see them in a few weeks. Ebay is not the place, in my mind to sell these guitars, as evidenced by some of the prices that they sold for. I'm also trying to get him to call Jimmie. Again, I'm not in much of a position to make this happen. Until I get face to face with this person, look for the guitars on Ebay. The seller name is Lawrsi7251 (or something close to that).
I bought the Sho Bud D 8 he had on Ebay for $810.00 The guitar was worth at least $2200.00 . I hope he keeps on listing them on ebay. I can by them one by one or all at once. I also have a trailer and am willing to drive to Fl to pay cash and pick up the guitars. BUt he has sold some good guitars cheep already.
I would like a list of what he has left. He may have already sold the best guitars.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2019 12:54 pm    

Jimmie - I’m glad that you got that guitar. I know that there are health issues at play, which likely plays a part in your not hearing from him. I’d keep trying. The Sho-Bud was incredible, for sure. I think the only guitars that have been sold were those on Ebay. They all seemed to sell for less than they should have, except for a Gibson Century, especially considering the condition of the instruments.

I’m going to see the guitars the weekend of 3/23. If you haven’t heard by then, I’ll see what I can do. Meanwhile, I’d just watch Ebay.

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2019 2:17 pm    

Howard Steinberg wrote:
Ebay is not the place, in my mind to sell these guitars, as evidenced by some of the prices that they sold for.

The almost $1,700 he got for a late 50's Stringmaster double neck is pretty much top dollar, I think, even for one in such good condition. Ebay can be something of a crap shoot both for buyers and sellers.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2019 7:18 pm     guitars

Howard Steinberg wrote:
Jimmie- Guitars are still for dale. As I mentioned, this is a friend of a friend. I’ll see if I can get you a phone number. He’s sold a few on ebay, but as far as I know, there are at least 60 left. I’m hoping to get out there in a couple of weeks. I’ll get back to you as soon as I get a phone number for you.

I contacted you friend on ebay. He wants to sell the guitars for full retail price. I understand where he is coming from. If he list them I may by some of them just for the museum.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 9 Mar 2019 1:52 am    

I’m going tosee the guitars in 2 weeks. Again, I don’t know the person who owns the guitars. I will try to direct him to listing them on the forum..

I received some pictures of a few guitars that were unearthed this week. Can anyone tell me what the 2 guitars below are. The lap steel, I believe is autographed by Cindy Cashdollar

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 9 Mar 2019 1:55 am    

Here is the Cindy autographed guitar and a Fender that I re ceived a photo of:

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2019 7:25 am    

The Cindy Cashdollar looks like one of Sonny Jenkins creations

Travis Egnor

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2019 9:22 pm     Phone Number

Hey Howard, I’d be interested as well. I’m looking for a single-Neck 8-string lap steel.

-t

Travis Egnor

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2019 9:30 pm    

annnnnd...I just read the whole thread. I guess I’ll just lurk here and see what happens.

Mr. Green

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 7:00 am    

Howard,
That double neck looks like an English Electronics Tonemaster. It's a Valco made guitar that I would expect is somewhat similar to the National consoles but the pickups look very different. I've never heard one.

Travis,
See if this link works to show you what the seller currently has on ebay. No eight strings at this moment.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lawrsi7251/m.html?item=223357094944&hash=item34011ecc20%3Ag%3AQ0oAAOSwE~ZcU2Yd&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Michael Butler

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 8:02 am    

Bill Sinclair wrote:
Howard,
That double neck looks like an English Electronics Tonemaster. It's a Valco made guitar that I would expect is somewhat similar to the National consoles but the pickups look very different. I've never heard one.

Travis,
See if this link works to show you what the seller currently has on ebay. No eight strings at this moment.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lawrsi7251/m.html?item=223357094944&hash=item34011ecc20%3Ag%3AQ0oAAOSwE~ZcU2Yd&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

those are the same items posted for quite a while now.

play music!

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 9:36 am    

Michael Butler wrote:

those are the same items posted for quite a while now.

If you click on "Completed Listings" on the left of the screen, you can see what he's sold on ebay so far. With the exception of that Sho-Bud and possibly that cool Magnatone D 8, it seems like he's been getting top market prices commensurate with their very good condition. I wonder if he's burnt out on ebay and looking at other possible venues or just taking a pause? Shipping 67 guitars separately is a pretty daunting task.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 10:53 am    

Actually you need to click on "sold items" . Completed listing will show items that ended but didn't sell, as well as sales.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 12 Mar 2019 11:41 am    

Travis - I know that he has 8 strings. The Sonny Jenkins guitar looks pretty good to me. I’ll see what can be done when I meet this person. I hope to see all of the tuitars that are left. I’m intentionally leaving my check book and atm card at home.

Rick Winfield

Pickin' beneath the Palmettos
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2019 8:51 am     Alkire lap steel

What would be the asking price for the Alkire 10 string ?
I'm also interested in the twin neck "National, and the "keyless" lap, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to "restring it.
FYI: I live on the East coast of Fl. Tampa is on the West Coast. No biggie.
Send me a PM if still avaiable.
Thanks
Rick Winfield

Thiel Hatt

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2019 6:04 pm    

Is there a Rickenbacker eight string Model G among the collection ?