The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steve Takacs
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 8:28 pm    

b0b wrote:
So shocked and sad to hear this. Steve was a model "Forumite", and a great ambassador for the steel guitar in China. He became a Forum member in 1998! I'll miss him.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Crying or Very sad

What Bob said sad day here

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 2:29 am    

My Condolences,So sad and what a great guy.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Skip Edwards

LA,CA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 7:55 am    

Wow...shocking and sad news. We've lost one of our own.
Vaya con Dios, Steve...

Martin Abend

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 1:24 pm    

Oh man, that's so sad. When I was living in Beijing in 2013/14 we were in touch often though we never managed to meet. I had a crazy work schedule and, well, it's a huge city. He was nice enough to lend me his Stage One so I could at least practise a little. I always felt I never thanked him enough for this. What a nice guy.

Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 1:42 pm    

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I always enjoyed Steve's input on the Forum. He had a great sense of humor and a true passion for pedal steel guitars, I will miss seeing his posts. My condolences go out to all of his family and friends.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 2:26 pm    

Sad news. Steve spent some time here in the UK during the 1970's, and was a visitor to the Sho~Bud shop in London. RIP Steve.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Last edited by Ken Byng on 4 Feb 2019 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 2:08 pm    

I always enjoyed reading his posts on here like many others. It is sad for his family and the Forum commuinity. God Speed Steve and now you can RIP.

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 10:16 am    

Steve will be missed. RIP.

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 11:36 am    

That's a real shame. He was a prolific contributor to the Forum. RIP Steve.

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 12:19 pm    

Very sad news. I always enjoyed his many contributions..RIP Steve and thanks...

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 4:29 pm    

So sorry to lose Steve. A great guy and a true forum brother.
Heartfelt Condolences to all .

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2019 12:07 am    

Steve was definately a "good'un". I've traded emails and PM's with him a number of times. He also bought a Millennium from me about 6 months ago - I hated to sell it, but I was broke and still recovering from the hurricane that hit St John 16 months ago. I suppose I would have found a way to get by if he had not bought it, but that money kept me going until I could sell my house. Condolences to his family, and I hope Steve is in Steel Guitar Heaven!

Bruce Meyer

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2019 10:56 am    

Wow. Sorry to hear this. Steve was a long time stalwart on the forum. Always had good information and help. Condolences to all.

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2019 8:32 am    

Very sad to see this.....I didn't know Steve and never had any dealings or communication with him....but he was a mainstay good guy who I felt that I knew because of his long time participation and interaction with others....I never knew him, but I will miss him....Rest Well Steve...

Chris Watkins

Eastern North Carolina
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 10:51 am     Steve

Wow this is very sad news Steve was a great guy indeed we done a lot of business together as well as just talked about different guitars and amps this is a great loss for the fourm may God bless his family in this time🙏

Patrick Sullivan

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 10:58 am    

I bought a banjo from Steve in October. Sending a personal check across the country to someone you don't know is like flying without a net, you have no recourse if something goes wrong. Relying on his SG forum history I sent the check. He kept apologizing for his delayed responses because he was in the hospital at the time. Regardless, he communicated well and had his friend ship the banjo to me. Steve was as nice as they come, honorable and a gentleman in trying times. RIP buddy.

C E Holden

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 5:06 pm    

VERY saddened to hear this, although not too surprised. I've known, chatted with, and traded instruments with Steve for 20 years. We never met in person, but we kept in touch via the Forum and email. If too much time went by, one or the other of us would reach out and say hi and just check in. The last couple of times I corresponded with Steve, he did not seem himself; his messages were disjointed and confused. He told me he was having a hard time with his surgeries and that the move back to to the U.S. had really taken a toll on him. We bantered back and forth about a blue lacquer Mullen he had for sale, but he was in the middle of figuring out medical bills and physically unable to handle any kind of packing or shipping of anything. The last email I sent to him went unanswered, but I didn't think too much of it, and it wasn't of any urgency anyway. But, as weeks (and then months went on), I hadn't heard from him, and I began to get a bad feeling. I'd actually checked the "Extended Family" and "Gone Home" sections a couple of times to see if anyone had posted any news about him.
November begins a very busy time for my wife and I, and we are on the run until, well, right about now. I actually got on this evening to track Steve down and see what's what. That's when I found this post, that he had passed back in November, and I had no idea. Not that I would've; we only ever communicated through email, and I didn't have his U.S. phone number. Anyway, I feel I've lost a friend...though we never met in person. We always planned to meet in person one day, which seemed more likely since he'd retired and returned to the States.
I sent him pictures of my daughter when she was born-- January 20, 2001--and was intending to share pictures with him from her 18th birthday party, which was yesterday.

Rest in Peace, Steve. Hopefully we'll finally meet in the next life.

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 22 Jan 2019 5:33 am    

Nice thoughts CE. Steve was a good guy. Sad times.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2019 7:47 am    

Yet another passing that leaves me so very sad. He along with Chris Ivey were among some of the cornerstone participants on this forum. RIP Steve. You were a great guy and will be missed by all of us.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2019 7:56 am    

Memorable post and string by Steve..

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=179006&highlight=

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2019 8:41 pm    

Sad news indeed. We corresponded a few times. Steve was welcoming and informative. Enjoyed his posts here. RIP Steve.

Mike Vallandigham

Martinez, CA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 9:06 am    

Terrible news!
Steve has always been a great contributor and nice guy for the entire time I've been here, over a decade.

I'll remember him this way. Sad

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2019 12:27 pm    

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2019 8:38 pm     😧

I hadn't seen any posts on the Forum from Steve, and I assumed he was tasking the return move back to the States (.. to Fargo? ) from his extended stay in Beijing. Now I too am stunned to hear of the real reason.. I too felt my head spinning, when I heard from a Forum bro just today, of the sad turn of events.
My heart aches for Roz, who I never met, but was Steve's soulmate.... he mentioned her support quite a lot. Yes indeed, among so many companions, who now must carry on without him, both here and abroad.
More than a decade has flown past, as I recall my tentative steps to get acquainted with this boundless resource b0b makes so easy to access. Closing in on my retirement age, Steve had many practical gems of advice to offer to the 're-new'by on his learning curve, seeking to navigate the vast, strange Ethernet train ride.
A quantum leap for this late bloomer.
My thanks to you, Steve..wherever your spirit now dwells...and those like you, who think of folks who struggle more than themselves..unselfishly. That rare quality and depth of compassion we all should cherish.

Rich Peterson

Moorhead, MN
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2019 5:21 am    

so sad to learn of the loss of a great contributer to knowledge of the steel guitar.