The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Routing Sends on Revelation Pre Amp
Jeff Rady

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2019 11:55 am    

I had a question about routing with the Revelation Pre Amp. I recently pulled this out with all of it's coinciding rack units a Stewart World 1.2 Power amp and a Yamaha SPX900 Reverb.

I had this all routed before and it worked, basically I FX Send from the REV into the SPX900 Input and then Output from the SPX900 back to the REV Return. Then I output the REV into the Bridged input of the Stewart. I can get signal, but I can't get the SPX900 to work. It doesn't read any signal on the meter of the SPX900 either. When I turn the Standby switch on and off on the REV then I can see the Meter of the SPX900 light up real quick. This used to work, didn't change anything other than the amount of time that passed, wondering what to do.

Here's what I've trouble shooter so far:

1. Cables all work, checked with a cable signal reader.

2. Was able to input a guitar into SPX900 and output into a combo amp, worked fine.

Let me know what you think. Thanks Guys!

Jeff Rady

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2019 5:23 pm    

This is how mine is setup.

On the back of the Revelation the reverb send goes to the input of the Reverb unit. The return from the reverb unit goes into the return of the Revelation. Some of the models have a gain control on the back to increase the signal to the reverb unit.

If the reverb unit is stereo there are cases if you are using only one input that it be the left input. It may not pertain to your unit, but it can't hurt to check.

Make sure that the reverb unit is set to be full wet. You then you use the effects knob on the front of the Rev to determine how much reverb or effect you want.

Hope this helps.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Jeff Rady

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 10:23 am    

Thanks mtulbert, I'll check the Left input, that may be it.

Thanks,

JR

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 9:29 pm    

Hey Jeff, sorry I didn't get back to your email yet.

On the SPX900, where do you have those trim switches set?

How hot is the input meter on the SPX900 when you play.

Like Mark said, you'll want to create a Reverb preset and make it 100% effect only with NO DRY SIGNAL at all. You'll want that SPX rear output level switch set to +4 most likely.

Be sure you're getting PLENTY of input signal lighting up the meter on the SPX so you know it's getting a full signal, nice and hot. You may want that rear input switch set to -20 for more input sensitivity.

Also, keep in mind that due to the internal routing limitations in the SPX900 and the nature of a "parallel" fx loop like the Rev has, you can really only do ONE effect at a time, and it would have to be reverb or delay.

Keep us posted.

Brad

Jeff Rady

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 2:52 pm    

Hi Brad,

That seemed to work to set the input and outputs of the SpX900 how you described. I also outputted Left from the Yamaha too. That may have helped. Thanks for getting back!

Best,

Jeff