The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My YouTube Videos
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 4:10 pm    

I have been asked "why" I am posting so many videos, back to back.

Well let me explain.
First, I have several hundred "live" video tapes, each with at least 2 hours of "steeling", that are starting to show some deterioriation.

These videos are of the all time greats and even some unknown great players.

The only other copies of these video's were stored at Scotty's Music and I don't believe they were stored in the proper position or environment, but I can't be sure of that.

I have stored my video's in the same area of my home as my music equipment.

After Scotty's approval for me to post video, once I got player's or player's families permissions, I put a few individual songs on YouTube. This was/is very time consuming trying to find "just the right song".

Now, a large number of the videos that I have are of players that have gone before us. Their families have asked that I upload as much as possible for them to see and for the world to see.

So I started posting complete shows for your enjoyment.

Yep, this is also VERY time consuming as it is "real time" recording to load on my computer. Then about 1/2 hour to process into a presentable video with credits.
Then the biggie. An hour long video takes about 2 hours to upload to YouTube.

BUT since I am retired and am waiting on our house to sell, now is the time for me to be busy doing this. TO SAVE THE STEEL GUITAR.

So please don't think that I am trying to flood the steel guitar forum or Facebook or YouTube, because I am not.
I just want as much of this preserved as possible before the tapes are no longer playable or before I go home to be with the players that left before me.

I have also been asked "What do you do with the video tape after you upload to the internet?"
Well, I destroy them. I promised Scotty, Stoney and the players that I would never let these out of my hands and I intend to keep that promise.

I also have MANY years of audio cassette tapes and CD's that we recorded live, both before and after we did video taping. I hope to digitize them also, but for me, the video is more important. If there is time left in my life, I will work on the audio stuff or will give it (permission was granted for audio only recordings) to someone that I know that will preserve them and get them out for the world to hear.

I have no particular order to how I decide what video to work on next. I have put most in a secure storage facitility, waiting for our move. I kept about 50 video tapes at home and that is what I am working out of now. I picked them at random.

So thanks for watching.
Thanks for commenting.
Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube and Facebook channels.

And more than anything, thanks to all of you that I am fortunate enough to call my family.

I do have one thing to ask of all of you. If you are so inclined, please post a comment either on YouTube, SGF or FB. This let's me know that what I am doing is worth the effort. AND please SHARE the links to my videos with your friends, whether they are steelers or just love the sound of the steel guitar.

Regards,
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 4:39 pm    

Bill,

I really appreciate all the time and effort that you have put into preserving these videos and making them available to the world. For them to forever live on is pretty awesome.

In a lot of cases, I would never have been able to experience seeing these players live and thus the only way to do so is by watching these videos.

Thank you again for your time, effort and dedication to the steel guitar community, I know it is a time consuming process.

Andy

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 4:41 pm    

Bill, I appreciate your time and work and flood youtube all you want with these videos. Do you have Paul Franklin at Stoney's show ?

Thank you again.

Tony

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 6:11 am    

Tony, yws I do.
However Paul has respectfully declined allowing me to post any video of him.
And i respect his request.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 7:05 am    

Thanks Bill for all the videos. It is greatly appreciated.

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 8:59 am    

I certainly enjoy them! Continue,please.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 11:09 am    

Bill - As far as I am concerned you are providing an invaluable service, in terms of both history and entertainment. I can't thank you enough.