The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks to all
Alan Muir

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 12:47 pm    

I'm a new member and just wanted to say thanks for all of the great info I have found on this forum. I'm a life long musician but just got bitten by the psg bug a couple of months ago. Since then, this is where I have learned enough to know (I think) what to look for in my first psg. I was lucky enough to find this Sho~Bud Pro 1 in excellent condition for a very fair price.
I'm up and running after some cleaning and lubrication and new strings. I needed to make some adjustments using the info from Jon Light and others. I'm grateful and just wanted to say hey!

Bobby Nelson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 2:34 am    

Good for you Alan - that's a beautiful Bud!

Joe Krumel

Hermitage, Tn.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 6:48 am    

Hi Alan. Nice Bud. I had the Maverick when I started,then later on the Pro2.Both had the slender pedals like yours. always liked the way they felt under the foot. enjoy the ride! joe

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 9:03 am    

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the madness. It's a "nice little hobby."

Cool Sho-Bud! Love the grooved surface on the top the pedals. Did you pick it up locally?

Alan Muir

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 12:36 pm    

Thanks for the kind comments. It was an online transaction from out of state. I got lucky.

Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2019 5:22 pm    

That is one sweet looking Bud

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2019 6:17 pm    

Great Choice for your first PSG!!!! 37 years with "Buds". I have owned a few of them over the years. I also own a Mullen S10. Great guitar. It plays well and sound good, but it ain't my "Bud". I have a Sho Bud Super Pro D10, 8 + 6. The Bud is my primary guitar for gigging. The tone that comes from the C6 neck is as sweet as it comes!!!!

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2019 6:45 pm    

I run my Bud through a NV112 with light Reverb and light Digital Delay. Being that you are new to PSG you will find out that your Amp EQ settings are going to be much different than what they would be for Guitar. The voicing from your heavy strings and your small strings will require a sweet spot. Basically no boomy or woofy base strings and no bright tinny sounds from the small strings. Sweet Spot. Here are my NV112 settings, Lows +9, Mids -9, Shift 12:00, Highs -3, Presence 12:00. Ears and Amps may very a little. I know from experience that if your tone is not pleasing to your ears it will discourage you. The sweeter the tone, the more you will progress.

Last edited by Kevin Fix on 18 Feb 2019 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2019 6:52 pm    

Sorry if I am boring you, but, put that volume pedal under the guitar below your right foot. Use it for sustain for sure. Left Hand, Right Hand, Left Knee, Right Knee, Left Foot and Right Foot. They will all work without thinking in time.