The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  HELP...Messed up My Emmons
Jeff Savage

Fort Covington, NY,
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2019 5:14 pm    

Hi, I have an Emmons D10 8+4 SKH and I took a part off because I wanted to change the knee levers LKR & RKL around. I think at the time I did this (which was years ago)the LKR raised the 7th string from F# to G & G# on the 1st and the RKL lowered the 4th & 8th to D#...to make a long story short, I took this part off to switch the knee levers to just the opposite of the way they were and I messed up the c6th neck, I think the RKR is supposed to lower the 3rd string on the c6th neck and it doesn't, I didn't know I had messed the c6th up until I tried it, Anyways I would like to get it back to original but not sure how to do it...I would appreciate any and all help I could get with this...

Here the part I took off...I know where it goes up at the changer end but not which cross rod it hooks to...

George Webb

Mississauga, Ont, CAN
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2019 6:17 pm    

Hi Jeff,

That's the half stop for your second string lower. The bell crank goes on the shaft of that knee lever.

The 'knurled screw' adjusts where the knee lever 'feels' the start of the force of that spring.

Good luck,
George

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 12:21 am    

Maybe Jon Light can help you?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 7:11 am    

Thanks Stu but no. No way do I have the Emmons chops to say a single thing from some photos. Other people here will have far more valuable input

John Swain

Winchester, Va
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 7:34 am    

Jeff, it appears the C6 third string lower is there in pic, so moving the RKR try adjusting the third lower to effect the change. If that doesn't work, check the Allen screw for the splits is backed off and that you have enough throw on the lever. The removed part is the half tone stop for tyye second string E9, that I assume you're only lowering 1/2?

Jeff Savage

Fort Covington, NY,
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2019 2:49 pm     HELP...Messed up My Emmons

Thanks to all that responded to my post, I really appreciate it, turns out all I had to do to get the 3rd to drop on the c6th neck was to adjust the nylon tuner but cannot get the part that I took off to fit back on to either cross rod and I do have the 2nd string feeler for the knee lever drop so I'm to afraid to mess something else up if I mess with it so as long as it's not broke I'm not going to try to fix it, too afraid to mess something else up...I remember the person I bought it from telling me that it had some kind of a pull that worked with 2 of the knee levers that when you lowered one string with a knee lever that you could raise it back up with another knee lever without disengaging the first...I probably messed that up when I switched the LKR and the RKL...not sure if I explained this right or not but thanks to everyone for the help.