The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTT: '76 sho bud ldg for emmons s10 pp
Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2019 5:36 am    

hesitant about this, but here goes:

this is my 1976 sho bud ldg. i have rebuilt this guitar, and while doing so i changed out any worn parts (including a few changer fingers) with virtually new ones. you should be able to get another 43 years out of it now.

as you can see from the pictures, the once dark green tint has faded to an almost tobacco brown, with just hints of the original green left. i'm biased, but it's the nicest looking ldg colour i've seen.

it is not pristine; there are a minor scuffs on the end pieces and pedal bar, and a few small bar dings right where you would expect them to be. the pad has a very small piece loose on one end that i've glued down with crazy glue. it's hard to notice.

on the knee levers you can see i've fitted some abs pipe to extend them, but those can come off easily. similarly, there is a bit of grip tape on the pedals, but this comes off with a bit of goo gone.

the guitar has a telonics 409 in it, and i also have wallace truetone to go with it.

i gigged this guitar extensively for about three years, and i truly love it. it plays wonderfully with ricky davis' string guages, and it sounds just like a sho bud should.

e's are on the left, but it is a very easy guitar to work on if you wish to change the copedant.

i'm not looking for cash right now, but i am looking for an emmons s10 push pull. my current gigging guitar is a d10 push pull, but i find myself wanting something similar but with easier set up and portability for quick rip and run gigs. i'm sure i'd owe some money on any trade.

and now the pics!

William Polka

Chicago, Illinois
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2019 10:47 pm    

Nice guitar. I've got #10762.

Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2019 9:04 am    

I sent you a PM Dave.