The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1996 Smokey Mountain Jamboree - Boogie Sherrard
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2019 3:30 pm    

For those of you that follow my YouTube channel, you will see that I am posting some great, although unknown to most of the world, steel players.

Here is a long time pal, the late Boogie Sherrard.

I hope you enjoy.

Please Like and comment on YouTube and Subscribe to my channel so that you never miss these videos.

https://youtu.be/dnnSJqnCWHk
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2021 8:48 am    

I just watched this again. I sure miss my old friend. Boogie was such a sharing musician. Notice how he likes to interact with the other musicians. He loved making music with other people.

I spent many hours sitting opposite him in his basement trying to deciper his runs, grips and solos. If you asked him about what he did, he'd graciously show you. Unfortunately for me, a lot of it was over my head at the time. It's gradually come to me though.

He loved twinning and would play harmony on top of someone else playing harmony to the melody.

At the regional shows when I was on stage, if he wasn't playing my set, he would walk by and pitch a flat pick on my guitar.Laughing Anybody who knew Boogie knew he played with a flat pick and bare fingers same as his guitar technique.

Thanks fo Bill for archiving this and all the rest of the steel guitar history.