The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Desert Rose lets see em'
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 12:50 am    

Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 1:46 am    

I just about quit trying to post photos because nothing from my camera seemed to work,I just noticed that if I post from my Galaxy cellphone there's no problem at all...once again technology kicks my butt.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 3:47 am    

That is an awesome Desert Rose! The high gloss shine on these guitars today is fantastic! When I look at my 40 yr. old Sierra, it's just not the same...lol

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 5:31 am    

Tim,I can't remember what kinda lacquer Chuck Back uses but it's really hard and glossy,my artist friend Bob Parsons in Anchorage painted the horseshoe and pinstriped it and he had a wonderful time getting anything to stick ...a tooth to hold onto.

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 7:40 am    

This guitar used to have mint boomerang covering but when I moved to New Yawk it started coming off and bubbling?I'm guessing that it was too humid and the original covering was too thin,so Wilson Art made me some thicker orange boomerang and Chuck Back recovered it,Still awesome aluminum neck!

Joe Cook

Lake Osoyoos, WA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 6:41 am    

Beautiful Stu! Here's mine. Chuck really knows how to build a steel guitar. So smooth and the tone is so sweet.

[img][/img]

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 10:51 am    

Joe,That's a Beauty.

Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 2:57 pm    

Yes, some good lookin steels for sure.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2019 3:02 pm    

I had this one for a while she was a very well made an sounded very good an good pedal an knee lever action!!!

Gerald Keller

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2019 3:39 pm    

Chuck Back restored a Marlen Speedy West for me and when he showed the Desert Rose to me, I couldn't leave without it. The Rose plays great and he did a magnificent restoration of the Speedy West; also attached. [/img]

Speedy West
Show Pro
Other Expensive "Stuff"

Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2019 5:27 pm    

My latest acquisition.

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2019 6:03 pm    

Hey Stu!!! MEEP MEEP!!!! Was my favorite cartoon character. Nice Guitars!!!

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 13 Jan 2019 12:50 am    

Kevin,When I was learning to drive I almost put my dad through the windshield,so he sent me for driving lessons the instructor showed up in a 383 Plymouth Roadrunner Meep Meep!!

Joe Cook

Lake Osoyoos, WA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2019 10:04 am    

Beautiful Desert Rose,Tom! I love that dark stain with the grain. Mr. Back is a real artist! There must be more DR players out there. Let's see some more.

Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2019 12:44 pm    

Please keep those pics coming. I plan on ordering one next summer so that it will be ready mid-winter (6-month build time right now)--the Mrs. and I will do a road trip to Tucson, to escape the snow next winter, and pick up a Delta Blues. I appreciate seeing all those colors. Beautiful examples!

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 15 Jan 2019 3:26 am    

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 20 Jan 2019 1:17 am    

Dan Tyack,and me last year in Denver.

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 4:11 pm    

This one is kind of nice.

Daniel McKee

Corinth Mississippi
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 5:47 pm    

Is that a photo of a new Desert Rose keyless? somewhere I read they were in the works. Any information on the keyless guitars yet?

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 1:06 am    

That's the keyless that Chuck has been telling me about,Awesome.

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 11 Feb 2019 12:18 am    

Keyless Chuck!!

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2019 6:47 am    

Wow a Keyless Desert Rose beautiful steel all !!!of them are beautiful !!!

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 5:55 am     Re: Desert Rose lets see em'

Stu Schulman wrote:

Stu,, My Lord what magnificent eye appeal that guitar has.. Spectacular...
Is this a design of your own that you had Chuck turn into reality, or was it something you bought as it was built by Chuck and customized yourself?.. Man,it is a beautiful guitar in any case... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 10:36 am    

Bob,Yes I had a vision of what I would like and Chuck turned it into a reality...by the way where is Candor?

kevin ryan

San Marcos, California
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 1:35 pm    

Chuck is an absolute badass, period!