The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pre cbs fender volume pedal
Joshua Hicks

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2019 1:29 pm    

Does anyone have experience with vimtage fender volume pedals? I have an opportunity to buy one off the internet and it looks appealing because of its low profile but wasnt sure how sensitive they are on the volume.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2019 3:37 pm    

Pedal toe-down position is actually toe-downward rather than level. That may or may not be a comfort issue. I find it a more comfortable pedal for stand up playing. I've also read the exact opposite opinion. It is a perfectly good pedal. The pot is every bit as susceptible to going bad as any other pot so the seller needs to be clear as to whether or not it is quiet.

If the seller is using the term 'pre-CBS', expect that they are trying to rip you off and subtract $50 off the price. It is dumb and meaningless in this context and is only used to try to sucker someone.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2019 5:20 pm    

I love mine! The only difference between the early and late pedals is the Fender logo on the rubber surface. The early ones had an art deco block-letter design, and the later ones went to the Fender "spaghetti script" design. Other than that, the pedals are identical, and as Jon said, there should really be no difference in the value.