Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2019 7:56 pm    

Click Here

Whoa!

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 5:04 am    

Is this the kind of thing that the artist comes up with off-the-cuff? That's a lot of musicianship there, and not a little mastery.

Curt Trisko

St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 6:57 am    

I saw him play last summer at a concert he put on in someone's house. I went because a friend told me that he was "one of the best". I thought she meant locally, so when he started playing I was absolutely dumbfounded. My head was swimming.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 6:02 pm    

Inspiring👍

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 8:04 pm    

Beatles Medley--->Click Here

With Brent Mason--->Click Here

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2019 1:26 pm    

You’ll notice in that jam with Brent Mason, Mr. Smith takes an entire solo alternate picking with only the thumbpick, ala Scotty Anderson. Anyone who’s tried this knows that it is the Mt. Everest of guitar picking techniques. The double- and triple-stopping that Scotty does would be the K2. With no crampons, no oxygen mask...

Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 2:57 am    

Richard is one of the world's best though remains pretty much under the radar beyond the world of guitarists.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2019 5:43 pm    

Anyone who impresses Tommy Emmanuel like that must be pretty good! Mr. Green

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2019 4:07 pm    

I have seen Richard play many times at the annual Chet Atkins appreciation Society each year in Nashville, (probably 15 to 20 years ago) and actually saw him win the Winfield Fingerstyle contest a few years ago. He is a great player,,,when he first came to CAAS he was with the Richard Smith Trio along with two of his brothers. Chet said that he was introduced to him when he was living in England, and Chet said at 12 he was playing everything he could play, but better.. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but Chet was a humble man and always promoted great players as he did with Tommy Emmanuel also. I have purchased a copy of every one of Richards cds and dvds, including the ones with his brothers...an amazing player for sure !! The first times I say him play he was using a Gretsch 6120 clone that his father built for them, because he said the family couldnt afford a real Gretsch. It looked great and Richard made it sound great too !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Gary Walker

Morro Bay, CA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2019 4:33 pm    

Richard and his wife came to Morro Bay a few years back and he was everything that has been said over the years. Truly a fine player and he shows how the Kirk Sand guitar is supposed to sound. I came home and played my K S but it just didn't sing for me like Richard's does. Ah, the story of my life.