| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Best method to create SG tab and how to post it on the SGF?
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 11:25 am    

Here's a typical file:

http://www.gregcutshaw.com//Tab/Don%20Rich%20-%20Out%20Of%20My%20Mind%20Intro.xls

Lately, I've just been erasing all the notes from a file like the one above leaving just the string grid lines and then penciling in the notes at my guitar then going back to the computer to formally enter them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Michael Hegedus

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 12:37 pm    

To print several pages to one file:
If you are working in Guitar Pro in Windows, you can print the entire file to a pdf file by going to the print menu and selecting Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer. When you select Print, a Save As menu will pop up asking for a pdf file name.

Once you have the pdf file, it is easier to to play from it right on the computer screen or to send it in an e-mail, etc. rather than juggling multiple png or jpg files.
Mike
b0b

Cloverdale, CA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 3:24 pm    

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
Here's a typical file:

http://www.gregcutshaw.com//Tab/Don%20Rich%20-%20Out%20Of%20My%20Mind%20Intro.xls

Lately, I've just been erasing all the notes from a file like the one above leaving just the string grid lines and then penciling in the notes at my guitar then going back to the computer to formally enter them.

That file opened in OpenOffice on my Mac. I exported it as a PDF from there, opened the file in Preview (the Mac's default PDF viewer), saved it as a PNG, then cropped the white space from that and saved it again. This is how it came out when I uploaded it to the Forum:

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 3:40 pm    

There's another nifty thing about doing tab work with Tabledit, GuitarPro or MuseScore.

You can play back what you've entered.

It may not sound like a pro steel player. But, you do get a sense a song's timing and pitch that helps in learning a song.

It's also sorta fun sometimes.
Frederick Krubel

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2019 11:26 pm    

Guitar Pro 7.5 still doesn't support PSG notation. You can do up to 10 string tabs. You can use guitar bends for the raises. I tried bar dives for lowers, but it lowers ALL strings. I emailed the company, Arobas Music, and only received a generic response that they will consider it. Please email the company and let them know we spend money too.

TablEdit added FULL SUPPORT FOR PSG. You can create your custom copedent along with the raise and lower notation. It's the best software I've seen that include the rhythm.

One thing I can't find in either program is how to notate quarter tones without bending.