Author Topic:  Jeffran Music Melissa ?
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2018 9:13 am    

Jamie: Did you read this whole post?

Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2018 11:55 am    

Ya Tommy, I did read the entire thread. I was hoping to hear from anyone who ordered any of the Christmas specials they had on because it said on the website that anything ordered before Dec 17 was guarenteed to be received by Christmas.

I expected that I wouldn't actually receive it on time, but am just seeing if anyone else received any orders recently, or if I should just file a paypal claim.

I really am hoping to get the material I ordered, and am not in a rush.... just want some sort of confirmation that it is sent or will be sent.

Gil Gregory

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2019 9:20 am     picks

Has anyone received picks yet. I ordered the last part of April and nothing yet.

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 4:56 am     Re: picks

Gil Gregory wrote:
Has anyone received picks yet. I ordered the last part of April and nothing yet.

No picks received as yet. Going on about a year now.

What's worrisome though is the website use to have some info on the status. Now there is nothing. I don't even see the picks as being offered anymore.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 7:24 am    

I ordered my picks February 1, 2018. Of course I haven't received them; I've posted enough about it on other threads.

I recently went through PayPal, though it's been about 330 days since I ordered. I did send Melissa another email to Jeffran.com two days ago, no response and of course, no surprise there.

Three things I could do: First, blow off the insignificant amount ($40) and go on about my life, ignoring the burr under my saddle blanket, as I have been doing; next, file a challenge to the 180-rule on PayPal; or third, make a phone call to Jeffran with a "listen up, lady... " comment.

Probably the first option is what I'll continue, with occasional comments on appropriate threads here in Forumland.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Richard Fiedler

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 4:08 pm     First couple orders received then nothing

Ya, somethings gone haywire,
still haven't received my shirt, Its been about three months so probably not going to get my order, still
down 25 bucks (used coupon code FreeShipping). Don't plan to buy anything
else from now on.
I recommend Doug Jernigan, his tabs are way better and very advanced. He always pics up the phone too.
Jeffran is really basic stuff and only a few pages long from what I've seen. Alien

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 1:00 pm    

Sad Sad end. From Best of Best to StEAl Guitar Central.😒

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 6:18 pm     Melissa will not fill order or return DVD

Talked with her. Has a VHS Profex II video that Jeff did and asked her to copy to a DVD for me. She never sent DVD so asked her to send VHS back. She totally ignored me. So I am without either. Jeff and Fran must be turning over in their graves. She has no clue how to run a business. So sorry...Great instructional material going to waste, and a good business down the drain.

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 6:23 pm     Melissa will not full order or return DVD

Talked with her. Has a VHS Profex II video that Jeff did and asked her to copy to a DVD for me. She never sent DVD so asked her to send VHS back. She totally ignored me. So I am without either. Jeff and Fran must be turning over in their graves. She has no clue how to run a business. So sorry...Great instructional material going to waste, and a good business down the drain.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 10:32 am     Sad

So sad to read all these problems with Jeffran. I started purchasing from Jeff back in the 70s. Started buying again while Fran was still here and ordered from her. She was so sweet to talk with.
Since Melissa has been running the show, my orders have been hit or miss. Pages would be missing from tab, some items I ordered weren't shipped, etc., but until recently she ALWAYS got back to me promptly.
However, within the last month I've emailed three times about missing pages and Crickets.
Hopefully everyone there is alright and they get this glitch worked out. There are still a few items I'd like to purchase, but not taking any chances at this point. Luckily I've collected most of what I wanted already.

Neil Castledine

Leicester England
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 10:41 am     Jeffran Material

Yes, I had the same trouble, make an order then nothing. I had to chase it and my order did arrive eventually. That said, some of the material wasn't in page order.

It's a crying shame, things aren't happing the way that they should. I'd love to run the legacy that Jeff left for each and every Steel Player and do Jeff & Fran proud.

Keep on picking

Neil

Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 11:40 am    

How long are these orders typically taking to arrive? I ordered a fair bit of material about six weeks ago and still nothing, nor have I received any response about shipping confirmation or a tracking number.

Maybe I'm just getting a bit anxious because of all of the issues I'm seeing. Just trying to see if I should exercise a bit more patience or start thinking about filing a claim through paypal.

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 12:04 pm     it gets worse

I'd say file a claim. And do it soon, so you can get your money back.

Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2019 7:58 am    

So, I filed a paypal dispute earlier this week. Still haven't heard back. They seem to be updating the material on the website, which is really frustrating because it tells me that they are still likely receiving orders and selling material.

I've phoned a number of times, emailed, sent a message through the website, and now through PayPal... still nothing.

Once this paypal claim goes through, if anyone out there is willing to help me out with a copy of Up From the Top D Lever and F Lever, please let me know. I did manage to get some material over the summer last year, so I was hoping to continue with the Up From the Top series.

I also ordered the bandstand backup package that they had on sale at prior to Christmas, so if anyone out there has got a copy of those, please get in touch.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2019 7:25 pm    

Jamie, I have an extra brand new D Lever course I got as a gift but already had. PM me if interested. Lynn

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 4:10 am    

I can only conclude one thing after attempting to do business with Melissa. She's not overwhelmed or incompetent. She's dishonest.

John Bumbarger

Houtzdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 6:13 am     Jeffran Music

Received another email today to buy two courses and get one free. January 26-January 28. I have sent emails and phoned numerous times. It has been one year since my Pay Pal was charged for the picks. If she is having problems, she needs communicate with the customers because it makes people think their getting scammed. I'm going to try to get in touch with her again before I try to contact the appropriate authorities.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 7:04 am     Jeffranmusic

The phone number has disappeared from website. I made a phone call( I kept number) and left message with two phone numbers. I also emailed. By the way, I also received a mid-week email trying to sell me a course.

Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 7:41 am    

I also continue to see the ‘deals’ they are offering. My PayPal claim is being processed, so hopefully I receive a full refund, but I tried to contact contact Melissa through they Jefffran Facebook page and it looks like they took that down as well.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 7:51 am     I heard from Jeffranmusic

Good morning Mr. Bumbarger,
I apologize for the delay in response regarding pick orders, we have been already been working with a lawyer to obtain all fees and invoices paid to the company which was to have been stamping our picks for us, as well as our patent. They have filed bankruptcy therefore we are having to work quick to get this recovered in order to continue with a new local company/warehouse. We have actually been on the phone with PayPal all morning, as well as all day yesterday trying to work out a way to issue a mass refund to all pre-orders in the meantime. We expect to have this worked out with a massive update to all customers with an anticipated timeline by Monday, January 28.
If need be, we will issue refunds on an individual basis at that point. We apologize again as we are working diligently to remedy this situation.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 10:16 am     Re: I heard from Jeffranmusic

John Bumbarger wrote:
Good morning Mr. Bumbarger,
I apologize for the delay in response regarding pick orders, we have been already been working with a lawyer to obtain all fees and invoices paid to the company which was to have been stamping our picks for us, as well as our patent. They have filed bankruptcy therefore we are having to work quick to get this recovered in order to continue with a new local company/warehouse. We have actually been on the phone with PayPal all morning, as well as all day yesterday trying to work out a way to issue a mass refund to all pre-orders in the meantime. We expect to have this worked out with a massive update to all customers with an anticipated timeline by Monday, January 28.
If need be, we will issue refunds on an individual basis at that point. We apologize again as we are working diligently to remedy this situation.

Where are the picks that Melissa did receive, the ones that she had sent out to be polished?

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 10:51 am     jeffran music

I'm willing to give her until Monday to see if she does what she said she is going to do

Garry Simpson

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 3:08 pm    

I ordered picks a long time ago. Never received them. I've written it off.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 2 Feb 2019 2:10 pm     Jeffran Music

I will be contacting the Tennessee Attorney General's office Monday since I have not heard from her in a week.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 3 Feb 2019 7:16 am     Jeffran Music

I would like to file a complaint with the Tennessee Attorney General's Office. Is their anyone who would like to join in. According to her email to me she was going to let everyone know what was going on with a message on January 28th. So far nothing is showing up. I have emailed her and no response. Please refer to my email with her which I posted. I hate to do this but I don't like getting ripped off.