The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Vegas 400
Dave Hepworth

West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2019 6:04 am    

Hi folks,
Anyone use a Vegas 400 for Telecaster,If so comments please .I have a small space 100 seater gig coming up and rather haul 2 amps ,(1 for steel and 1 for guitar), I was thinking of taking the Vegas.
What are typical settings on the non steel passive channel you would use ( photo would be nice).
Thanks in anticipation
Dave

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2019 9:32 am     Peavey Vegas 400

see this link in the Vegas 400 operating guide from the Peavey website;
https://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/80370382.pdf

Dave Hepworth

West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 9:06 am    

Thanks for the link Mike,
I was also wondering if anyone could give an opinion on the sound of a Tele thro a Vegas.
Regards .

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 9:36 am     Tele through a Vegas 400

I'm sure that there probably is a customer who has used this combination, but I recommend that you pose your question on the Peavey Forum so that you can get feedback from more sources.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2019 9:53 am     Tele through a Vegas

You might pose that question on the Peavey forums here;
https://peavey.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19&sid=63b043f4631e56d20d6b6d47e2c053e0

Derrick Unger

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2019 8:48 pm     vegas

I have a vegas and use a strat and les paul through it with no problem..I believe that is what it was intended for..a pedal steel player who also doubles on guitar..unlike my Nashville400 which has just one channel...IMHO
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112

Derrick Unger

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2019 8:50 pm     vegas

I have a vegas and use a strat and les paul through it with no problem..I believe that is what it was intended for..a pedal steel player who also doubles on guitar..unlike my Nashville400 which has just one channel...IMHO
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 6:12 am     Vegas 400-steel/fiddle and six string electric

Hollis Calvert(former Peavey employee created the recommended settings for the Vegas when he worked at Peavey back in the 1970s'. These are included in the Vegas 400 operating guide.,

Roger Dillingham

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 6:46 pm     Peavey Vegas Settings

Hey Mike! I remember Hollis Calvert! I got to meet him at Peavey once back in the '70s. Great guy; gave my wife and I a personal tour of the plant. I will never forget that. Such hospitality! Peavey has always been great for me! I used to have (6) of 'em but I sold one. The Vegas is perfect for the dual instrument musician. Thanks! Roger Smile

Joe Kaufman

Lewiston, Idaho
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2019 11:25 am    

I have used my Vegas 400 and was happy with the suggested settings in the manual for my Stratocaster. I have used a Sparkel Drive (the clean mix is great!) or a Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive pedal to flavor the guitar a little depending on which “cleanish” tone was desired.