The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Opening for Pedal Steel/Fiddle with Mickey Gilley
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2017 8:10 am    

Hey everybody! If you haven’t already heard, I have taken positions with two different shows in Branson, MO as of March 2018. I will be working with Jim Stafford in his long running show at his theatre as well as a brand new show called Heartland Country featuring lots of great classic country music and a great cast, also at the Jim Stafford Theatre!
Because of this, I must leave my position with Country legend Mickey Gilley! MG would like my help in finding a suitable replacement! Most of the music in the show is simply Mickeys 17 #1 hits! He does want a steel player who also can play a few fiddle parts! The Urban Cowboy Band won a Grammy for their performance of Orange Blossom Special in the Urban Cowboy movie so that’s pretty important. Plus there are a few licks and intros in the first half of the show. We have been doing a portion of Devil Went Down To Georgia in the Urban Cowboy Medley since I joined but not sure that they will continue it. We do often also back up Johnny Lee so knowing Cherokee Fiddle is a plus!
The steel parts on both shows (MG & JL) are not that difficult. Only a few rides but a lot of intricate tasty licks throughout the show. Sonny Garrish played on most of Gilley’s big hits in the 80’s so most of it is along those lines.
My last show is February 24th so we have until then to find someone. Your shows will start the first weekend of March 2018!
Please contact me here or through PM and I will put you in touch with bandleader Norman Carlson! Thanks!
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 6:34 pm    

Michael.....Id be interested...Untethered, and mobile...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2017 5:20 am    

Hey Mickey! I’ll give your name to Norm our bandleader! Didn’t know you played fiddle!
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Robert Jones

Branson, Missouri
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2018 5:13 am    

Good morning Michael. I have been talking to Gary about this and am interested in doing this gig with Gilley. On my profile I have a link to my soundcloud page that you or Gary can go to and hear some of my work. If I need to come and audition that won't be a problem either. I know time is short as we have been talking about this. Gary has my number so please have him call me if I need to do anything. Best of luck to you sir in your new show.
http://www.bjsbars.com/

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2018 6:18 pm    

Sending you a PM Robert
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Robert Jones

Branson, Missouri
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2018 3:19 pm    

I got the PM Michael. Thanks for sending info. Got a call in and waiting for a reply.
http://www.bjsbars.com/

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2018 11:03 am    

Wish I lived in Branson, that would be a fun gig.

Mickey, you play fiddle too?

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2019 6:20 am     Please close, Thank you.

Please close, thank you.
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...