The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tabs and Tracks
Keith Glendinning

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 7:39 am    

I recently got a couple of tunes from Bert Farroach and want to remind Forumites of his generosity in providing many Tabs and Tracks in the TABS section of the Forum.
Thanks Bert.
Keith.

Evelyn Leith

Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 11:21 pm     Bert Farroach

I agree, Bert's songs are all great. He provides the tablature, backing track and a YouTube video for each song. We’re lucky to have him as a member.

Charles Stange

San Francisco, California
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 9:18 am    

noticing a lot of non-pedal tabs don't make onto the Non-Pedal tab page.

George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 7:46 pm    

Do you mean TAB like this!!!!! One of my lessons in 1948!!
Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"

George Rout

Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 7:54 pm    

Or this???
Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"

George Rout

Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 8:04 pm    

Or even this!!!!!
At 81, one of these days I'll be selling the roomfull!!!!

This simple TAB was easy to learn, and as you progress you just build on it. It was meant just to play solo, but there are some TABS with "second guitar" which basically is just strumming along in the open tuning.

Geo

Keith Glendinning

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 2:44 am    

Hi George,
Yes,they're good TABS but I play 8 String A6 or C6 mostly and there are more TABS available for those tunings. Also, as mentioned, Bert includes backing tracks and YouTube links for his tunes.
Thanks,
Keith.

George Rout

Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 6:26 am    

Thanks Keith. I play mostly in A6, it's as simple as bringing up the 4th string from the E to an F#. And backing tracks, I just put together on a memory stick over 2,000 backing tracks of all sorts for a couple of close friends. Since BIAB came out back when, I've been collecting backing tracks and the market has just exploded during the last couple of years. This is just a fun home thing for me, nothing to do with playing in bands. Backing tracks are good for teaching students with their timing, that's actually what started me on tracks in 2002. It's all a lot of fun. Thanks again.
Geo

Jouni Karvonen

Helsinki, Finland
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 8:05 am    

Here are a few of the videos:
https://playtube.pk/user/UCORs71oRWv_jn2Dx1oeXvyw

Keith Glendinning

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 9:08 am    

Hi George,
First off, let's say thanks to Bert Farroach once more. Anyone who produces TABS and posts them in the forum deserves many plaudits. Thanks also to Doug Beaumier for the TABS and assistance he he has given to many members of the Forum.
From the comments received, I'm glad I opened this subject.
Like you I'm an old time player, 78 in my case, mostly armpit guitar unitl 5 years ago when I tried Lap Steel. To say I'm hooked is an understatement. My Strat and Tele (plus a few others) rarely get touched these days unless I'm looking for chord progressions.
BIAB is great, I've been using it for a couple of years and I think it's a boon to home players
I played in a covers band in the 50's/60's then went into the UK Merchant Navy for a few years, then worked in the Middle East for 26 Years. Arthritis in the thumbs kicked in a few years ago and I had to find another way to play. Thank God for Lap Steel.
Just after I started to learn, I found that the lead guitar player from my old group lived less than a mile from me and we hadn't met for almost 40 years! I went round to visit him and discovered he had been playing PSG for about 10 years!
We now meet weekly and toss ideas round, plus we've joined a steel guitar group which meets every couple of months. We do a couple of Round Robins then each player gets to showcase any new stuff they've prepared.
I apologise for pontificating a bit, but I love this Forum and I'm interested in everything that the other members post.
Keith.

Keith Glendinning

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 9:12 am    

Jouni,
That's good link for anyone looking for Bert's YouTube efforts. Thanks Jouni.
Keith.