The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  New Steel For Sale
Carol Teston

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2019 9:24 am    

HI EVERYONE

I HAVE A BRAND NEW CARTER 3/4 FOR SALE WITH BRAND NEW CASE. I PURCHASED FROM A MUSIC STORE IT WAS THE FLOOR DEMO AND I NEED TO TRIM THE HEARD
BROUGHT IT HOME PUT LIVE STRINGS ON AND PLAYED THRU MY NV112 IT HAS A BEAUTIFUL SOUND REALLY GREAT WITH GREAT SUSTAIN.
NEVER PLAYED OUT, NO SCRATCHES, LIKE I SAID BRAND NEW IN THE CASE.GREAT DEAL FOR [price deleted] INCLUDES FREIGHT CONUS

I CAN SEND PICTURES ON MY CELL PHONE UNTIL I LEARN HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM YOU CAN REACH ME ON THE FORUM OR EMAIL TO pedalsteelman123@gmail.com

thanks Carol

Jim Harrison

Rochester, New York
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2019 10:32 am     Carter Steel

Hi Carol,
I'm interested. Please email pictures to jharrison17@rochester.rr.com
Thanks,
Jim

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2019 10:34 am    

Email sent. If it's not a Carter Starter I'm pretty sure I'll take it.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2019 11:34 am     I will take the guitar

I will take the guitar.
I sent you a email.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2019 2:33 pm    

Just curious, how could it possibly be
BRAND NEW?
Carters have not been built in several years.

Plus if it was a Demo in a music store, then it must be a Carter Startup
Pro models were not sold in music stores in the US
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 2 Jan 2019 2:53 pm    

Most likely a Carter Starter.

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2019 3:00 pm    

Carter pro models came standard with 5 knees.

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2019 4:16 pm    

Never heard back, maybe his email got hacked.

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2019 2:44 am    

Bill Ferguson wrote:
Just curious, how could it possibly be
BRAND NEW?
Carters have not been built in several years.

Plus if it was a Demo in a music store, then it must be a Carter Startup
Pro models were not sold in music stores in the US

The Carter Magnum D10 (8x5)and SD10 (3x5) were built to be sold in dealerships/stores. They are full Pro Model guitars with a more affordable spec.than the guitar with the 'Carter' name on it which still had to be factory ordered. I owned a Magnum up until recently, great guitars, not the prettiest girl at the dance but plays like a dream.Sarah Jory played one for years before she went to Mullen the first time.
Mullen G2 SD10 3x5, WBS Ultimate SD10 5x5, Rittenberry SD10 3x5, Bennett SD10 5x5, Quilter Steelaire, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Hilton VP, Ernie Ball VP, Ezzee Slide Bar, Boss DD3 Delay, Many 6 strings mainly Tele/Strat.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2019 6:01 am    

You are right Brian.
I had forgotten about the Magnum. But it still can't be Brand New.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2019 7:18 am     Magnum

....and Magnums came with 5 knee levers, not 4...

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2019 12:47 pm    

You are right John. And by the way, you make your Magnum sound GREAT.

So now we are back to thinking this is a Carter Starter.

And I wonder why Carol has not responded to any of the offers to buy this steel? hmm

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 5:43 am    

On top of everything else that has been said here, unless I am mistaken (and I could be), I don't think the name 'Carter' appears anywhere on a Magnum. Possibly a 'designed by Bud Carter' label on the underside.
But otherwise, while it shares many parts and is built by World Class Steels, there is nothing to cause it to be called a Carter in an ad.

A Carter-Starter does not share a single part with a Carter or a Magnum, I don't believe. Maybe rubber leg tips.

I also believe that the word 'new' is being used in a different way than is normally understood in a classified ad.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 10:11 pm    

I've removed the price from this ad.

Quote:
Resellers may not post discount retail prices for new merchandise in the Classified Ads section. Readers can be directed to call or email for a discount price instead. Prices may be posted for "used" merchandise. Manufacturers may post prices for their own products.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 4:10 am    

b0b wrote:
I've removed the price from this ad.

Quote:
Resellers may not post discount retail prices for new merchandise in the Classified Ads section. Readers can be directed to call or email for a discount price instead. Prices may be posted for "used" merchandise. Manufacturers may post prices for their own products.

b0b I believe the seller doesn’t understand that this isn’t a “new” guitar. According to the email I received this is a Carter Starter which would probably be better described as “like new”.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 4:18 am    

Mark Greenway wrote:
Email sent. If it's not a Carter Starter I'm pretty sure I'll take it.

It’s a Starter per email seller sent me
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 5:50 am    

Thank you bOb.
This keeps the playing field fair.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 8:22 am    

b0b wrote:
I've removed the price from this ad....
Patrick Huey wrote:
b0b I believe the seller doesn’t understand that this isn’t a “new” guitar. According to the email I received this is a Carter Starter which would probably be better described as “like new”.

You may be right, but the words "brand new" are a trigger for enforcing the Forum's rules.

Carol Teston

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 10:52 am     New Steel For Sale

Hi Everyone

I want to apologise for the late response to all as I did not say it was a carter starter for sale. The steel was purchased via an email to me within 15 minutes of posting.

As I said I did not know how to post pictures on the forum and would need a phone number and could post from my cell phone. I am sorry for any confusion that I may have caused to all the great forum members

I also advised the purchaser since he is within 200 miles of Charleston SC that if he was not happy with his purchase that I would personally drive to his location pick up the guitar and refund his money full.

I am an honest person and think if there was any misunderstanding this was the right thing to do

I will try to do better the next time, thank you all for understanding

Carol

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 11:09 am     Re: New Steel For Sale

Carol Teston wrote:
Hi Everyone

I want to apologise for the late response to all as I did not say it was a carter starter for sale. The steel was purchased via an email to me within 15 minutes of posting.

As I said I did not know how to post pictures on the forum and would need a phone number and could post from my cell phone. I am sorry for any confusion that I may have caused to all the great forum members

I also advised the purchaser since he is within 200 miles of Charleston SC that if he was not happy with his purchase that I would personally drive to his location pick up the guitar and refund his money full.

I am an honest person and think if there was any misunderstanding this was the right thing to do

I will try to do better the next time, thank you all for understanding

Carol

Oh I don’t think there was ever any question regarding your honesty at all. Everyone clearly saw it was a case of lack of knowledge on the part of the seller. An $800 Carter plainly says “Carter Starter” and “brand new Carter” says an inexperienced seller. as Carter has been out of business for a good number of years. Glad you sold it. And despite some folks negative opinions about Carter Starters they actually played well and did what they were meant to do and still subsequently don’t last long here when they come up for sale.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 11:15 am    

b0b wrote:
b0b wrote:
I've removed the price from this ad....
Patrick Huey wrote:

You may be right, but the words "brand new" are a trigger for enforcing the Forum's rules.

Absolutely! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into running this thing and maintaining peace, harmony, and credibility , b0b...I’ve never had a problem or reservation about purchasing off the Forum classified specifically because of the effort you put into making sure everything is on the up and up.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 1:08 pm     Carter Starter SOLD

Everything's cool. Ad closed. Cool