The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2018 OzSGA-Branson Christmas Party/Jam-Review
Martha Randall

Hollister, MO
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2018 5:57 pm    

Dec 16, 2018
After a 1 week delay due to weather threats, we finally had our annual Christmas party with great success. The weather was sunny & warm.
In spite of low attendance, everyone had a great afternoon of seeing old friends and a few new ones, great food and awesome music! Some of our regular attendees and players were greatly missed! We pray you are all well and can join us again next year.
We had 12 players: David Dean White, Beverly Harris, Marty Near, Rick Crow, Richard McDonald, Jerry Smyth, Eddie Lane, JoAnn Kreder, Bob Tuttle, Steve Melchi George Geisser and Marlyse Stockinger on Dobro.
Our band consisted of Dino Strunk on lead, Russ Burns on drums, and Buddy Lewis on bass.
Cathy Smeenk, George Geisser, Doug Cole, and Charlie Steichen sang a few songs to enhance the afternoon with Carols and traditional country music! Great party/jam guys and ladies......
The audience contained about 20 enthusiastic participants. Everyone was filled with Holiday cheer.
Thanks to everyone for coming! Thanks to the players and musicians who share their musical talents, and the singers for sharing their voices. Thanks to those who brought food to feed this hungry bunch, and to Buddy Lewis for doing the sound system.
Please forgive me if I’ve misspelled a name or left someone out!!
Thanks to our officers; Charlie Steichen, Mike Squires, Cathy Smeenk, JoAnn Kreder and Sheena & Rosemary our photographers.
Thanks to Stone Castle Hotel & Conv Center for a great venue and for the coffee, water and cups, etc.
Hope to see everyone Mar 15 & 16, 2019 for our March show!
Merry Christmas everyone...God Bless and grant you a safe, healthy, and prosperous New year!
See you soon and in the meantime, "Keep Steelin"

Martha J Randall
Behind the Scene Promotions
Hollister, MO

Will post pix below by Thurs or Fri

Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2018 8:37 pm    

Thank you, Martha, for a complete and detailed report! You sure have a wonderful way with words! That was a good group of players! I remember Christmas parties when there was a lot less in attendance! It isn't only the number of people that attend that brings a good time but the fellowship of those that are there makes all the difference in the world! I remember the food was always great and the talent was superb! And it sounds like you had a group of talented musicians! Don't get discouraged for those who choose to stay away, but be grateful for those that came because you never know who might be sick or have experienced a tragedy or for some other reasons! It's always the faithful few that carry the ball! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! And remember Jesus loves you and wants to bring peace to your hearts!!!

Martha Randall

Hollister, MO
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2018 4:13 pm    

So true Jeremiah,
That's why I said we missed them hope all is well and they can make it next year!...Luv and Miss you and Venda...Sad

Martha Randall

Hollister, MO
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2018 11:47 pm    

I'm finally ready to post the pix...

Thxanks for coming and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Cya in March & Keep Steelin'... Smile Thanks to Sheena for the lovely pictures!

Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2019 7:38 am     Branson Show

It's always a pleasure to be with you Branson folks. I love Christmas music, so I get a double pleasure every year - steel guitar AND steel Christmas.
Thank you for the pictures.