The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pro-fex II
George Duncan Sypert

Colo Spgs, Co, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2018 12:12 pm    

Who can tell me what the proper connection routing is for a Pro-fex II through a Session 400 Ltd. And info on how to properly connect through a Session 400 or LTD (original).

I have had this for over twenty years and just now getting around to try using it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

George

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2018 9:11 am     Profex2

George, the Profex2 manual is on line from Peavey. Before you start I'd open it up to see if you have any battery damage, their are several discussions on the forum about this. Out of the volume pedal you can go into the front and either use the left out (mono) on the back of the Profex into the instrument jack of the LTD or use the send receive effects loop in the front of the LTD and the back of the Profex. Hope this helps.

George Duncan Sypert

Colo Spgs, Co, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2018 5:59 pm    

Ken Fox did the battery replace with a chip a number of years ago. So no problem there. I have the a copy of the manual but a lot of it is over my head. I guess I need to do some more reading.

Thanks for the reply.

Probably won't use it out on a gig, just playing with it here at home.

George

Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2018 9:51 am    

George,
First throw the Session 400 limited in the trash. Not much will help those amps... lol. (You know this)

You can plug the guitar into the profex and come out of the back into the input of the session/LTD. Those things were made to work without another preamp in the chain. They work best with just a power amp and some speaker cabs.
Try it. You might like it. If you have a NV400 around, you can come out of the Profex into the “power amp in” jack on the back to bypass the preamp.
Call me if you get stuck. I’ll be driving most of the day.

George Duncan Sypert

Colo Spgs, Co, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2018 1:27 pm    

Thanks Justin. I have most of it figured out by now.

Actually my Ltd sounds pretty good. I replaced the chips and it made a lot of difference. I just use it for a practice amp anyway so no big deal.

Thanks for your input. I will talk with you soon. Be careful out there.

George

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2018 6:22 am    

Justin Griffith wrote:
George,
First throw the Session 400 limited in the trash. Not much will help those amps... lol. (You know this)

You can plug the guitar into the profex and come out of the back into the input of the session/LTD. Those things were made to work without another preamp in the chain. They work best with just a power amp and some speaker cabs.
Try it. You might like it. If you have a NV400 around, you can come out of the Profex into the “power amp in” jack on the back to bypass the preamp.
Call me if you get stuck. I’ll be driving most of the day.

Justin you are a prince among men, dude!
George I love my Profex II. Play with it some and once you figure out how to hook it up gig with it by all means.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2018 10:34 pm    

He said he had a Session 400 LTD. He didn’t say it was a Session 400 Limited. If it is the LTD that is a great amp. Limited? Not so much.
I see Limited’s being sold as LTD’s and have hard time keeping my nose out of it, The Limited has some blue trim on it. The LTD is a true Session 400 circuitry in a small cabinet and a very good steel amp, maybe the best ever from Peavey.
Jerry