The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Handmade Lap Steel For Sale
Bob Gleason

Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 2:40 pm    

I teach some lap steel building classes at a couple of music camps here in the Hawaiian Islands. Whenever I have a new class I build a sample model to show the class what we are building. Straight forward lap steels. Classes are not long enough to get into the fancy stuff. This steel was the model I built for my class on Kauai in 2016. Mango top wood which I laminated onto a solid Spanish cedar body. Curly Koa fretboard with flush wood frets. Paua shell fret markers and inlay. Milo wood pickup ring and pot cover. 21" scale length.The dolphin inlay was the motif picked for the class that year. Quality volume pot and output jack. The pickup is a Fender lap steel style single coil . The pickup poles are level in height, not staggered like regular electric guitar pickups. Great sounding pickup.The bridge is a standard guitar style. Currently tuned C6 and strung with John Pearse strings. Grover Rotomatic tuners with pearloid buttons. Comes with a gigabit. Durable Satin finish. Has been played, but shows minimal signs of wear. Price is $550.00, including shipping in the U.S. Hawaii State residents would have State Sales Tax added. Payment by PayPal.

George Piburn

The Land of Enchantment New Mexico
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 2:00 pm     Really Nice Instrument!

This is a great guitar at a super great price.

Bob's classes are a valuable extension of the longevity of Hawaiian Steel Guitar.
YouTube Channel

Loren Depping

Lihue, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 10:44 pm     steel guitar

Hi, Bob:
I'm on Kaua`i, and I'm really curious about this guitar--or another like it you may have built. I'd really like to find one with legs (or the capacity to add legs), but that's not the most important thing. If you're still building, could you let me know?
Thank you,
Loren in Kaua`i