The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Les Beasley RIP
Tony Edwards

Six Mile, South Carolina
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2018 11:03 am    

Les Beasley, Host of "The Gospel Singing Jubilee" from the '60's and '70's and lead singer and owner of The Florida Boys Qt. has passed away. They always had some good steel guitar playing on that program as many people would watch and listen while getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. Beasley was 90 years old.
CLR Custom SD10 Pedal Steel; Telonics 500-B Combo w/ TT 15"; Hilton Low Profile VP; Telonics X-10 Pup; Frenchy's Steel Mill Strings; George L's Cables; BJS Tone Bar; Hoffmeyer Picks. This combination produces a Heavenly tone! Psalm 33:2 "Praise the Lord with...an instrument of ten strings."
"Listen and silent are spelled with the same letters!"

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2018 11:11 am    

Sorry to hear Tony, I watched every Sunday morning for years.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2018 8:07 pm     Lee Beasley

I met Les several times and enjoyed talking to him. He was a living legend in gospel music and his Florida Boys quartet was always among the best.

Josh Garner, who was the last lead singer for The Florida Boys quartet, married my niece and they have two daughters, Olivia, 4 years old and Caroline, 2 weeks old. He lives a few miles from me and we had our family Thanksgiving dinner at Josh's. Josh is now the lead singer with the Dixie Melody Boys. Josh posted a really nice tribute to Les on his Facebook page, Josh Garner. Interesting reading about Josh's career. Google: Josh Garner, Dixie Melody Boys.