The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Studio One DAW on sale
Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2018 6:18 am    

Sweetwater has Studio One products on sale if anyone is interested.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Studio+one+4

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2018 9:00 am     Re: Studio One DAW on sale

Norman Evans wrote:
Sweetwater has Studio One products on sale if anyone is interested.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Studio+one+4

Thanks Norman. Presonus.com has the same specials going, but I like Sweetwater too. These cost savings are another reason why Studio One is my favorite DAW. People were talking in another thread about exporting their two track mix into their mastering software. With Studio One Pro, the mastering section is included and it's a seamless transition. The really nice workflow benefit is that you can revert back to the multi-track mix and tweak something with just a mouse click. The two track master is then updated to include the change.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

RC

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2018 10:25 pm    

I upgraded to Studio One 4 on Friday through Sweetwater. Presonus and Sweetwater are my favorites.

RC

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 9:10 am    

I'm very limited in my knowledge of DAWs so can someone tell me if the ARTIST version has the capability of importing someone else's tracks and allowing me to add an instrument track to their production? For that matter, does even the Pro version allow that? I assume it would have to be in a certain format.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 9:46 am    

I have Sonar Platinum and Studio One Professional 4.1.
The only way I've found to import tracks is wav format. Export the track from another DAW to a wav file (I use 24 bit internal in my DAW's). Then import the wav file to a track in the new DAW. I've done this moving a song from Sonar to Studio One for testing. I moved 7 tracks, one at a time, and they all lined up correctly in Studio One.

This was recently asked on the Cakewalk Sonar forum and the way I do it is the way most others do it between DAW's.

Same way when I track steel for a studio elsewhere. They send me a track with what they have, I track steel on a separate track and then export the steel track to a wav file and send it to the remote studio.

Here is a link to Presonus and comparison between versions and their capabilities.
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/compare-versions

Last edited by Jack Stoner on 25 Nov 2018 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 9:48 am    

Bill Sinclair wrote:
I'm very limited in my knowledge of DAWs so can someone tell me if the ARTIST version has the capability of importing someone else's tracks and allowing me to add an instrument track to their production? For that matter, does even the Pro version allow that? I assume it would have to be in a certain format.

Bill,

I do it all the time. You have to go to Pro version to do mastering. Here's a breakdown of the different versions:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/compare-versions

RC

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 2:39 pm    

Thanks guys. I'm starting to lean a little more toward the Pro version since ultimately I would like to master what I record. Might have to sell something to justify the price difference. I still have a day to think about it. Any suggestions for a recording interface? One of those two channel Hi/Lo impedance devices should be adequate to start with.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 2:47 pm    

Bill Sinclair wrote:
Thanks guys. I'm starting to lean a little more toward the Pro version since ultimately I would like to master what I record. Might have to sell something to justify the price difference. I still have a day to think about it. Any suggestions for a recording interface? One of those two channel Hi/Lo impedance devices should be adequate to start with.

I've had nothing but good results using Presonus interfaces. I presently use the Studio 192. Depending on how many tracks you need to record simultaneously, you can get a Presonus box for not a lot of money and you can be assured it will be compatible with the Studio features.

RC