The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeffran Music Melissa ?
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 10:11 am    

Has anyone else had trouble receiving whatever they ordered from Melissa at Jeffran? If I don't get what I ordered in the mail today, Something is just not right. It's been a long wait so far and I really don't expect to get what I ordered or my money back. Waiting to hear feedback from others on their success, or lack there of. Thanks, Tommy....

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 11:27 am     Nothing again today

I waited for the mail today to see if Melissa was going to refund my money, or send what I had ordered. On October 13th. I sent her a U.S. Postal money order in the amount of $34.50 for a d.v.d. and tab for Jeff's Steel Guitar Jubilee. She told me in an email, that she had it packed up and ready to send, as soon as she got my money order. After waiting more than two weeks, I contacted her, and she said there had been a problem with a hiss in the audio, but it would be cleaned up and sent out in a day or two. I've since asked her to just refund my money, if she couldn't send what I ordered. Now she won't even reply to my emails. Over the years, I have bought almost every course Jeff had available. I really loved his material, but I suspect something is not quite right with the company, at this point. I'm all through buying whatever else they might have to offer. Thanks, Tommy.....P.S. Please let us know if you've experienced problems with getting what you sent for.

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2018 10:14 am    

I've been waiting since 11/7/18. Shipment paid by PayPal.
I don't understand why she runs constant promotions and can't seem to deliver. Mad

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2018 10:42 am     Reply update

It's fair to say that Melissa did finally reply to my last email. Saying that the original recordings had to be sent out somewhere to be professionally scrubbed of that hiss. And said they would be sent to me a.s.a.p. Thanks, Tommy....P.S.
Maybe it's just overwhelming to keep up with the demand.

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2018 6:26 am    

If Melissa is overwhelmed maybe she should consider turning over the Jeffran merchandising to the Forum for an agreed upon royalty.

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2018 7:41 am     Update

By the way, I will let everybody know when, and if I ever receive anything. Other than a new excuse. Thanks, Tommy....

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2018 8:39 am    

I sent Melissa an email on 11/16/18 regarding my order placed 11/7/18. crickets...........

Sam Werbalowsky

New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2018 12:20 pm    

Ordered a few of the "Up from The Top" books and got the notice they shipped about a week later. This all happened about 3 weeks ago. I did send an email to her and got no response, but the goods arrived.

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2018 6:03 am    

Shipping label printed per USPS, no word or confirmation
of shipping. So it looks like Melissa is busier than a one legged frog on the interstate. Plan on 3 weeks for delivery. Rolling Eyes

Richard Keller

Deer Creek, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2018 9:12 am    

"busier than a one legged frog on the interstate"
That's a good one Gregory.

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2018 7:56 am     Another promotion

I see Melissa is having another promotion sale. I personally Would not send for anything. I hate to say that, but I've gotten nothing more than one excuse after another. It almost seems like she is trying to grab as much cash as she can get, before shutting down completely. Still no course, and no refund. Just my two cents. Tommy.....

Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 4:03 pm    

I am having the same issues.... I hope it will work itself out.

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2018 5:24 pm    

If you call the number, do you ever get an answer?

615-879-4911

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2018 10:34 am    

This is completely weird. She printed a USPS shipping label 11/19/18 and has yet to give the package to the Postal Service. bob could you contact Melissa?

Barry Yasika

Bethlehem, Pa.
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2018 5:32 am     Jeffran College

I ordered Jeff's C6th course and the cd and book showed up within a week or two. This was several months ago. I read sort of global email from her concerning the back order of the JF finger picks and it basically said that she got in a little over her head due the the material availability and lead time in the manufacturing process.

I agree though, to keep an established business intact, communication and efficiency are key factors. Some people in business say "Yes" to everything and then when it comes time to deliver find themselves short handed and bogged down with excuse after excuse for not living up to expectations. Hopefully if she gets caught up, she'll learn how to be realistic and say "Sorry, right now the merchandise you'd like to purchase is not available" then take whatever appropriate action necessary to get the product and let her customer's know it's available and they can buy with confidence.

For now, I guess all you can do is think of this as a good opportunity to practice patience. Smile

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2018 7:41 am    

Patience really. Jeff and Fran would not approve.
Jeff had patience if you had an excuse.
There really is no excuse.Shocked

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2018 3:07 am    

USPS received my shipment Nashville 4am 11/28/18.
Hopefully the material is correct and complete Oh Well

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2018 2:43 pm     I got what I ordered

My course that I sent for (Steel Guitar Jubilee)showed up in today's mail. I guess it's just a matter of being patient. I'm so glad it was not what I feared, because I truly want to see Melissa and Jeffran Music succeed and continue to offer the best in Jeff's instructional material. If you order something, just don't expect to get it right away. But, I think it's safe to say that you WILL get what you order. Thanks, Tommy......

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2018 9:16 am    

I received an incomplete order. 12/1/18. I would suggest only using Pay Pal if you do order in the future.
Pay Pal won't put up with this kind of vendor service. I have not pulled the Pay Pal trigger yet. When I brought up Pay Pal in an email she responded immediately and was effusive with apologies.
I got the same "tape hiss"reason why I have not received
my complete order. She stated the remastered "Steelin Feelin" should be ready to ship Friday 12/7/18.

It is what it is. Oh Well

Hal Stackhouse

Muldrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2018 11:54 am     Melissa Greer

I went all the way through the claims procedure with PayPal and got my money back on Steelin' Feelin. Started back in early November. First shipment had Tab book and CD. Cd was blank. I did not get any reply from Melissa until I went to PayPal. Then got an immediate response. However she never shipped the follow up to correct the shipment. She registered a Priority Mail label as in some of the other posts you can see on here but she never sent the shipment. PayPal gave me my money back. So sad to see Jeffran go down like this. I think she is selling things she does not have.
Good luck on purchases to all. I quit doing business with her.

Hal

James M Peters

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2018 6:10 pm     Jeffran music.

Sounds to me like she's way over her head with this business Tommy. Sorry to hear about your problem here. I never had a problem with Fran.

Dennis Manuel

Quesnel, B.C., Canada
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2018 4:48 pm    

I ordered a lot of material and no shipment. Have sent a complaint to PayPal.

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2018 7:49 am    

3 weeks ago Melissa gave me a story about "hiss" and the Steelin Feelin offer. She assured me it would be shipped in the next 2 days.
Nothing and NO response on emails. I'm giving her to the first week of January to produce the product as advertised or PayPal will get another complaint.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2018 8:24 am    

Gregory Etchason wrote:
3 weeks ago Melissa gave me a story about "hiss" and the Steelin Feelin offer. She assured me it would be shipped in the next 2 days.
Nothing and NO response on emails. I'm giving her to the first week of January to produce the product as advertised or PayPal will get another complaint.

I filed a complaint with PAYPAL, but because it was over 180 days, PAYPAL declined my claim. I appealed the decision and because Melissa would not respond to PAYPAL, PAYPAL gave me my money back.

Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2018 9:11 am    

Anyone get their pre-christmas orders yet? I placed an order on Dec 2 and still nothing. I ordered the bandsand bundle that was on special for Christmas.

I've sent weekly emails requesting a tracking number, and also left a few voicemails, but haven't received a response.

Just wondering if it's just my order, or if others haven't received their christmas orders as well.