The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New WBS "Ultimate" arrives in Northern Ireland
Ted Nesbitt

Northern Ireland
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2018 8:42 am    

My good friend Brian Matchett arrived at my place today to show me his new WBS "Ultimate" SD10 5 x 5 Built in Germany by MR. Wolfgang Bednarz. Beautiful engineered instrument. Check this one out Mickey Adams.

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2018 3:48 pm    

A beauty! What's not to like?!?!? Love the finish, the tuners, everything about it! Smile

Brian Henry

Post  Posted 5 Nov 2018 4:14 pm    

Beautiful loooking instrument!

Richard Stanton

England
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 4:30 am     WBS Ultimate

Brian great looking PSG I love my WBS Ultimate. Wolfgang is tops when it comes to building PSG guitars and his after sales service is outstanding. Congratulations enjoy your new steel.

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 6:29 am    

Excellent. Lovely steel.

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 7:06 am    

Tim Russell wrote:
A beauty! What's not to like?!?!? Love the finish, the tuners, everything about it! Smile

I got a choice of machine heads, Schallers or Grovers, I went with the Schallers to be different as I have Grovers on my Mullen. I actually prefer the Schallers, you get a better grip on them for a less fiddly tune up.That's not t otake away from my Mullen, I would never be without a Mullen, most playable guitar ever IMHO.
Mullen G2 SD10 3x5, WBS Ultimate SD10 5x5, Rittenberry SD10 3x5, Bennett SD10 5x5, Quilter Steelaire, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Hilton VP, Ernie Ball VP, Ezzee Slide Bar, Boss DD3 Delay, Many 6 strings mainly Tele/Strat.

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 7:14 am     Re: WBS Ultimate

Richard Stanton wrote:
Brian great looking PSG I love my WBS Ultimate. Wolfgang is tops when it comes to building PSG guitars and his after sales service is outstanding. Congratulations enjoy your new steel.

Richard, it turned out even better than I had imagined, absolutely stunning, I was gob-smacked. I sent Wolfgang a photo of something similar and told him to knock himself out. He told me Zebrawood wasn't the best of Tone Woods so he laminated the Zebrawood onto Flamed Maple to retain the perfect tone combined with the beauty. It took a while to arrive but it was worth the wait.
Mullen G2 SD10 3x5, WBS Ultimate SD10 5x5, Rittenberry SD10 3x5, Bennett SD10 5x5, Quilter Steelaire, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Hilton VP, Ernie Ball VP, Ezzee Slide Bar, Boss DD3 Delay, Many 6 strings mainly Tele/Strat.

Brian Henry

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 10:46 am    

Brian, what is the approximate cost of an s10 model. Also can one buy one direct fronm the factory and bypass the middleman?

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 11:09 am    

Brian Henry wrote:
Brian, what is the approximate cost of an s10 model. Also can one buy one direct fronm the factory and bypass the middleman?

Brian, it's all on his webpage. wbssteelguitars.com. He makes three models a Basic, starter guitar, the Custom, a mid-range and the Ultimate. He only does S10 models in the Basic and Custom series. I bought WBS as I live in UK and buying from the States for us is too expensive when you get hit with the Customs Duties, Taxes and Tariffs it just isn't worth it for us. I don't see why he wouldn't deal with you direct but my advice, if you live in North America, buy homegrown you have all the choice and variances you could want. Anything you might save on price gets whacked by the Tax Man.

Brian Henry

Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 11:43 am    

Hi Ted, good to see you are sill in the land of the living!

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 3:43 pm    

Beautiful steel a bet she plays an sounds as good as she looks.

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2018 4:57 am    

Johnie King wrote:
Beautiful steel a bet she plays an sounds as good as she looks.

Looks even better in the flesh Johnny and plays wonderfully. I'd recommend WBS anybody.

Brian Henry

Post  Posted 10 Nov 2018 9:46 am    

Hi Brian we have mor than common names. I too was born in Belfast Coiunty Down!
Brian Henry

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2018 11:07 am    

Brian Henry wrote:
Hi Brian we have mor than common names. I too was born in Belfast Coiunty Down!
Brian Henry

What part of East Belfast? I'm from Woodstock/Ravenhill area. Where are you now?

Brian Henry

Post  Posted 10 Nov 2018 2:37 pm    

Brian, My grand parents lived The U.K.!

Last edited by Brian Henry on 7 May 2019 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Brian Matchett

Belfast, UK
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2018 3:08 pm    

Brian Henry wrote:
Brian, My grand parents lived in Bendigo Street just on the Ravenhill Road and my parents lived in Pearl Street just off Cregagh Road . I have been teaching English at a University here in the USA Chattanooga for 20 plus years.
Regards Brian

Small world Brian. I'm from Spring St. so I know Bendigo St. and Pearl St. well. I still live in the area. Moved away a couple of times and was drawn back. I take it you know Ted, great bloke, he's been teaching me for a while now. He's dealing in Steel Guitars and I get to play some of them. I never played a guitar I didn't like but I particularly like the Mullen. Ted tells me there's actually very few of us in Belfast, steel is more popular in the country. Then again, anything beyond Belfast City Limits is the country to us. Great to know you Brian, next time you're home give me a shout.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 5:02 am    

Oh im watching!...Smile
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!