The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sonny Garrish interview live & online Dec 1 @ 2pm CST
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 4:56 pm    

Sonny Garrish will be interviewed in the Ford Theater at the Country Music Hall of Fame Saturday December 1, 2018 @ 2:00 pm. The interview will include photos, audio clips and videos from Sonny's long and extensive career. Mr. Garrish will not perform but the program will provide invaluable insights into the work of this very successful master session player. After the event Sonny will sign commemorative Hatch posters available in the museum store.

This program is a part of the ongoing Nashville Cat's series held at the Hall of Fame honoring note worthy musicians. Steel players Lloyd Green, Weldon Myrick and Paul Franklin are past participants in addition to Pig Robbins, Harold Bradley, Reggie Young, James Burton, Leon Rhodes and many others.

PROGRAM ADMISSION

Attendees must have a Program Pass to guarantee admission to this event.

Program Passes are free with Museum admission or membership and distributed two hours prior to the event at the Museum's box office on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is general admission and limited.

The program will also be streamed live Saturday December 1, 2018 @ 2:00 pm:

countrymusichalloffame.org/streaming.

Last edited by robert kramer on 30 Nov 2018 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 5:20 pm    

A well deserved honor!

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 6:19 pm    

That is great. Congratulations Sonny.

I would love to be there for that. He has been a favorite of mine for a long time.

robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 8:55 pm    

Please watch it online Saturday Dec 1 @ 2:00pm CST There will be much insight in what it takes to be a topline Nashville session steel player:

countrymusichalloffame.org/streaming.

Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2018 1:25 am     Re: Sonny Garrish interview live & online Dec 1 @ 2pm CST

I met Sonny just once in the early 70's ...we used to play the USAF bases in UK. We were the band for the night and the Floor show that evening was Bill Anderson and the Po Boys...with Sonny on a p/p Emmons. I was a total beginner and to see him and hear him was out of this world.On one song he used his Boss-Tone ..first time I'd heard one. At the end of the show we all had breakfast about 1.30am and Sonny was so good to talk to. On other shows in UK, he had a following of female admirers...he was a good looking guy Smile

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.