The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  YouTube tricks?
Steve Huddleston

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2018 12:21 pm    

I’m sure many folks are aware that YouTube has a feature where you can slow down playback yet not change pitch. It’s great for us newbies trying to copy someone’s playing. My question is, is anyone aware of a way to pause playback, yet the have the notes keep ringing? It seems technically doable and I know I’d like it.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2018 2:29 pm    

No, it's a feed, so when the play stops, so do the sounds. I believe what you want them to do is not loop, but just drone on endlessly? I've had that happen when the computer locked up, and I find it very annoying. Oh Well

If you can't catch all the exact notes, just play something close until your skills improve. Then it will all be easier. Smile

Jim Kennedy

Brentwood California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2018 12:15 pm    

If I can't find a song any other way, Audacity will record the audio while the video is playing. Once you save the audio, there are a variety of programs available that will infinitely speed up or slow down the song, and change keys. I use Transcribe, and the Amazing Slow Downer is another popular one. I do not know of any program that will simply sustain a note. Transcribe will play back at as little as 20 per cent of original speed, making the notes 5 times longer than normal speed. I find this useful in passages with a lot of notes of short duration.