The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Britain's Spencer Scott
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 1:24 am    

Spencer Scott, well known on the British steel guitar scene, sadly passed away at 8.00 yesterday evening. He had not enjoyed good health for the last 2 years. He made frequent visits to the USA and had many friends there, especially in the steel guitar manufacturing side. He will be missed greatly by all who knew him. RIP Spence. Crying or Very sad
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Billy Murdoch

Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 1:40 am    

We met Spencer several times at the Dallas Show.The pleasure was all mine
R.I.P.Dear Friend

Al Brisco

Colborne, ON Canada
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 6:45 am    

Spence & I had a wonderful relationship over the years.
I met him in the late 1970's, as he had a sister Lynne who lived in the Toronto, Ontario area. We visited each other occasionally (he in England & me in Canada), but mostly at Steel Guitar Conventions.
We would not see each other for years at a time, but when we got together we picked up where we left off, like we were never separated.
He will be missed by all who knew him.
God Bless!
Al Brisco

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 8:29 am    

A sad loss to the steel community, my sincere condolences to his friends and family.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Allan Thompson

Scotland.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 11:56 am    

I first met Spence in the 1970's, he was a wonderful helpful person who never had a bad word to say about anybody. Rest in peace Spence.

Allan Thompson

Scotland.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 11:57 am    

I first met Spence in the 1970's, he was a wonderful helpful person who never had a bad word to say about anybody. Rest in peace Spence.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 3:01 pm    

A very sad loss indeed, Spence was a great guy and I will miss not seeing him at the Dallas show - RIP mate
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 11:29 pm    

Well Paddy, Dallas 2019 was high on Spence's agenda. He was really looking forward to meeting up with his many friends there. Sadly it wasn't to be, but he had many a great time at the TSGA show.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Gerry Hogan

Burghclere, Hampshire, England
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2018 2:35 am    

I'm so sorry to hear of Spencer's passing. I've known him since the 1970s, when we'd meet at Eric Snowball's "Steel Mill" from time to time. He seemed to be always smiling!

He will be missed by both the steel and the guitar communities.

My condolences to his family. RIP Spencer.

Gerry

Wayne Franco

silverdale, WA. USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2018 7:18 am     What a loss

I always looked forward seeing Spence at the Dallas show. Had some great conversations about so many things. I believe he lived close to where the big air show is every other year in England. Always wanted to go see Spence on his home turf. We talked at length about their health care system. He was a very good friend and he will be sadly missed. RIP Spence.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2018 5:23 pm    

Here is Spence just 4 months ago performing at the South of England Steel Guitar Festival. He played really well, and made the journey from his home in Folkestone, Kent, to Bristol despite not being 100% fit.

Bob Adams

Scotland, UK
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2018 5:25 pm    

Seven years ago (seems like yesterday) Spence asked me to service his Rosewood P/P... Signed by Buddy the Master himself I reckon it was the tone machine of all PSGs (from 2.00 mins on in 'Papa John' Country it rings like a bell) .. to remember Spence I simply have to go to this video! (and I have done several times in the the last few days) .... this is not about me, simply the tone of the guitar and the memory of a friend I will long remember!! So sorry you are now not with us in the flesh Mr Scott but in the world of this PSG of ours you will remain forever! Bob
https://youtu.be/uSvQmzE3JAo

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2018 5:23 am    

I have just been sent details of Spencer's funeral.

It is at Barham Crematorium, Canterbury Rd, Barham, Canterbury CT4 6QU on Tues 6th November at 12.00.