The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Air Force Vocalist-Multiple Locations
Jeff Valentine

Colorado Springs, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2018 5:05 am    

Hi All,

I play steel for the Air Force Academy Band in Colorado, and am trying to get the word out about multiple openings in Air Force Bands for a vocalist. It's a full-time position as a member of the US Air Force with the usual 4-year commitment. The pay will vary slightly based on where they end up. Military pay has three components, one of which is a housing allowance that's based on the zip code where they live. It's also different if they're married or single. This is the Air Force, so a vocalist's job is to sing. We just played the Grand Ole Opry less than a week ago, so the gigs are pretty cool. The upcoming auditions will happen in three locations. They'll be in Dallas on October 9th, Nashville on October 11th, and in Colorado Springs on October 18th. Use the link below and scroll down to the bottom for more details on these auditions. The maximum age to enlist is 39, and we're looking for male and female vocalists versatile in multiple styles. Feel free to forward this to anyone you think can help spread the word.

https://www.music.af.mil/Careers/

Thanks, Jeff

Joni Charette

Galena, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 6:26 pm    

Jeff, forwarded it to my AF son (who was a music major in college before joining, but that isn't his AF job presently). I'm sure he'll pass the word along. Joni

Jeff Valentine

Colorado Springs, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 6:35 pm    

Joni,

Thanks for the reply. I posted this a really long time ago and the date for submissions is long past. We have these auditions from time to time, so it never hurts to spread the word. Thanks for doing that!

-Jeff