The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Roger Trahan and Doug Beaumier
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2018 5:35 am    

I was informed by Roger Trahan that he will be playing with "Rachel Landry & the Western Partners" at the Tiverton VFW, 134 Shove St., Tiverton, RI. on October 28th. Playing lead guitar will be Doug Beaumier. Doug is one of New England`s foremost steel and lead guitar players with at least three instructional books to his credit. We are grateful that he will travel from Northampton, MA, a 2 hour drive.

Charles Rodrigues

Tiverton, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2018 9:20 am    

Bump

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2018 4:36 am    

The energizer bunny Elaine Ellis will be playing bass for Rachel on the 28th. Also, because I don`t know how to edit it, I apologize for omitting the location in the topic tittle.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2018 5:07 am    

Just bumping up. The last time Rachel played here in Tiverton a few months ago, she had me machine her an aluminum knob to replace the broken plastic one on her P.A. stand. I made it and never mailed it to her, so she will finally get it this Sunday. I am looking forward to the gig with Roger on steel and Doug on lead. Maybe they could switch instruments for a song or two, because Roger also plays 6 string guitar.

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2018 5:23 am    

Whoa! will try to make it !

Matt Gillooly

Seekonk, MA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2018 10:07 pm    

What time is the show?

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 3:55 am    

Hi Matt, Sorry for forgetting the time. It is 6-10pm plus food from the kitchen. Hope to see you there.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 4:56 am    

Also, It is not a show. It is a dance gig that occurs every Sunday night from 6-10pm where Jim Davis rotates about 15 different country bands with several of them having a steel guitar in the band. For three years now it has been very successful.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2018 10:08 am    

We had some fun in Tiverton, Rhode Island last night. I played guitar with Rachel Landry & band. Roger Trahan was on pedal steel. Roger graciously allowed me to play a few songs on his steel. It was great to see so many of my Rhode Island friends!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2018 5:26 am    

Having Doug there for me it was like winning the lottery. It was such a pleasure for Elaine Ellis/bass and Hank Lafrance/drums smoothly blending in with Doug, Roger and Rachel. Here on the forum, it`s nice to finally see this bashful picker`s face holding a vintage Fender lap steel instead of just his hands as he usually displays. Also, check out his version of "Apache" with a MILLION hits and "Sleepwalk". Speaking of that song, I have heard a hundred thousand versions of it but none like Doug`s who accurately captured little nuances like Santo & Johnny`s original.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2018 7:31 am    

Thanks Manny! I had a great time on Sunday. And thanks for mentioning my Youtube videos. My YT channel has gone crazy in recent months... 50,000 views per day. The vast majority of the viewers are Not steel guitarists. Many of them have never seen a steel guitar before. I can tell by the comments. Comments from all over the world, inquiring about the steel. That's a good thing for our instrument. Cool