The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1974 Emmons D-10 PP $3000+$100 of shipping. (SOLD)
Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2018 6:48 pm    

1974 Emmons D-10 PP, 8x6, 17.5 TrueTone pickups on both necks, Day setup $3800 + shipping now $3000+$100 of shipping.......try as I might to thin the herd there always seems something else is waiting for me to try and at my age I better do it thus I have this PP for sale.
I bought this guitar from Lynn Stafford a couple years ago that he sold on consignment,it is not one of his superb refurbished steels but is still a really clean easy playing guitar. I played it real regular for a year then played it less and less and it really needs to be played. I paid $3800 plus cost of being reconfigured by LYNN, and shipping.
When I bought this guitar it was 1” under and I bought a kit to raise it to standard. The legs are of two different styles but that’s no big deal to me. It came with 18.5&19.5 Emmons pickups that I gave to Tom Palmer before he passed away and installed the 17.5’s which really brought it to life. This is a great guitar for anyone but is really a great deal for anyone wanting to try the magic of a push pull without breaking the bank.
I hope I answered all questions before asked. If not ask and I’ll certainly try to answer.

Last edited by Larry Hamilton on 22 Dec 2018 10:08 am; edited 3 times in total

Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 5:32 am    

pretty darn clean.

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 5:48 am    

I just bought aTelonics amp from Larry, and was blown away by how immaculate it was. I imagine he's tha way with all his gear . Anyway , the amp was damaged in transit and Larry arranged to have ithe issue fully resolved. out of his own pocket ,at no addditional cost to me...........Great and straight up guy to do business with.

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 5:51 am    

I just bought aTelonics amp from Larry, and was blown away by how immaculate it was. I imagine he's tha way with all his gear . Anyway , the amp was damaged in transit and Larry arranged to have ithe issue dully resolved.at no addditional charge to me...........Great guy to do business with.

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2018 9:38 am    

Thanks Tony for the kind words. I just try to do right by folks. Just glad it worked out so easy for us.

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2018 2:54 pm    

TTT....New price reflected in ad.

Mike May

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2018 7:06 am     P/p

PM sent

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2018 9:06 am     Oh No !

Mike: Please hurry up and buy this steel guitar, before I do. I really don't need or want another Emmons push/pull, but this very hard to pass up. Especially, since it's already Day set-up, and gone over by Lynn Stafford, not to mention the bargain basement price. Thanks, Tommy.....

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2018 9:13 am     Potential Buyer

Okay, please put me next in line. If Mike has not bought it. I'm seriously considering it. Thanks, Tommy..... Rolling Eyes

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2018 2:55 pm    

Hey Tommy, I am getting ready to answer Mike's PM as he had a couple of questions If you want to PM your Phone no. I'll call if he doesn't want it. It doesn''t have original case, it's a Cush Case. That was one of Mike's questions. Oh BTW, Lynn did put some KL adjustments on it.

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2018 7:34 am    

Tommy, you are next in line and it’s a better deal yet thanks to Mike calling my attention to a typo I made. So it’s $3000+$100 shipping as reflected in the header and the body of the post. I had a great conversation with Mike, wonderful guy, We feel we became pretty darn good friends, but decided he still couldn’t get it and that’s fine, I’ve done the same thing. You or someone needs to jump on this guitar at this price. I’m always open for questions or other information.

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 9:37 am    

TTT REALLY guitar and great deal for someone.

Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2018 8:34 am     1974 Emmons D-10 PP $3000+$100 of shipping. (REDUCED) AGAIN

I just wanted to bump this post up for my friend, Larry.

Someone is missing the boat on this very well priced Emmons D-10 PP. The person that I sold it for locally bought it from none other than my friend, Tommy Cass! I reconfigured and set it up Day style for Larry.

Folks, this is a killer sounding Emmons! You won't be disappointed. If a buyer needs it reconfigured, I'm sure something can be worked out to get it done, either by myself, Tommy Cass, my friend, Billy Knowles or others.

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2018 10:47 am     Great Deal

Lynn: I know you're right about someone missing out on a really great deal with this one. I want it myself, if only as an investment. Although, it's hard to justify buying another push/pull Emmons when I'm currently sitting on nine already. I should be selling some instead of buying another one. My wife seems to think I can only play ONE why do I need so many! I particularly like this one because it's already Day set-up. I've had to change over 8 of the 9 I have. I hope somebody buys this before I look at it again over the weekend. Thanks, Tommy.....

Marcus Mullins

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2018 6:57 pm     Pp trades?

Would you be interested in a trade for the pp? I have George Edwards’ LeGrande III SD-10 3x5 in incredible shape if you are interested. I just bought it for 3800 from steel guitars of Nashville a few months ago, but I would love to get into a pp.

Thanks,

Marcus

Last edited by Marcus Mullins on 10 Oct 2018 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2018 8:07 am    

Marcus, appreciate the trade offer but I’ll have to pass. Too many guitars for me, I need to sell at least one of them.